Attractions of Auli Tourism in Uttarakhand
“Auli, also known as the “Skiing Destination of India” is an exquisite hill station with growing popularity. Dotted with oaks, deodars, pines and apple orchards, this place is popular for skiing activities because of the shimmering carpets of snow and clean environment. Located almost within the range of 8200 feet to 10,010 feet, and nestled amidst the snow-clad range of Garhwal Himalayas, being a part of Chamoli District in Uttarakhand, Auli Tourism calls for the beauty and fascination that it offers. “Auli” meaning “meadows” is dating back to 8th Century AD and a new entrant to the circle of best hill stations in our country. Alluring natural vistas, panoramic view of the surrounding mountains, lush wooded vegetation and pathways fenced with colourful flowers make Auli, an ethereal beauty and the ideal destination for honeymooners and peace-seekers especially.
Following are some of the top appeals of Auli Tourism.
- The Artifical Lake at Auli – This is the world’s highest man-made lake. The pristine lake located at an astounding elevation is developed by the government to create artificial snow for the tourists to enjoy extended skiing opportunities in all seasons.
- Auli Ropeway – Auli has one of the highest and the longest ropeway in India. Also called “Gondola”, it presents the travellers with gaping views of snow-laden mountains and valleys and the flourishing meadows. It also offers the exciting views of the skiing competitions organised by government’s tourists department.
- Gurso Bugyal – This is an offbeat destination with scintillating views in Auli. A short and an adventurous trek of 3km will lead you to the mysterious and fascinating Gurso Bugyal. Walk the trails of valleys passing through the mountains of Nanda Devi, Trishul and Dron. Get awed by the majestic beauty of Mother Nature.
- Chattarkund – This stunning crystal clear water body is located just few minutes ahead of Gurso Bugyal. This fairy tale picturesque beauty and the peace and serenity will enchant you to no end.
- Chenab Lake – This place near Auli is off the beaten track. There are many places which are still virgin and unexplored. One of them will lead you to the stunning Chenab Lake. Set up a camp amidst the greenery or start off a trek to experience the untouched beauty of the serene nature.
- Joshimath – This destination is common among devotees and adventurers and in enlivened by the spirits of thousands of trekkers. The view of the tall and towering mountains and the meandering river at your feet will make you spellbound. This calm and peaceful abode is the gateway to Badrinath temple and Hemkund.
- Nanda Devi National park surrounded by Nanda Devi Peak – You can explore and discover the wide range of flora and fauna and the rich biodiversity. This is also a part of the World UNESCO Heritage sites. The second highest mountain in India, Nanda Devi stands elevated at a height of 7817m and the visual appeal will leave you hypnotized.
- Trishul Peak – The peak is called so because it has three distinct faces that can clearly be seen with the naked eyes. It is the main point where skiing enthusiasts gather. This peak is also a part of the Kumaaon Range and is encircled by a national park with the Roopkund Lake at its base.
- Vishnuprayag – Aulis is also the base town to travel to the holy destination of Vishnuprayag, where two rivers named Alaknanda and Dahuliganga merges together into one. At the bank of this wonderful sight, one can also see the famous and historical Vishnu Temple. You can spend hours here and marvel at the confluence of two rivers with their individual distinct colours.
- Badrinath – Embark on a journey to one of the famous pilgrim centres of India, Badrinath located near to Auli. The thermal springs, confluence point of Ganga and the Neelkanth peak are some of the places in Badrinath that you will admire greatly. There are also many histories and legends surrounding this famous temple.
There is no shortage of hotels in Auli rather they are widely ranging from luxury to budget accommodations. Auli, also known at the “Switzerland of India” justifies its nomenclature. Auli Tourism will leave you bewitched and captivated.