Beypore Beach is a popular tourist destination located in the Kozhikode district of the Indian state of Kerala. It is situated at the mouth of the Chaliyar River and is known for its scenic beauty and historical significance.
The beach is known for its long stretch of golden sand and is a popular spot for evening strolls and leisure activities. The sunset view from the beach is a major attraction for tourists. Beypore Beach is also known for its fishing harbor, which is one of the oldest in Kerala.
One of the unique features of the Beypore Beach is the construction of traditional wooden ships, known as Uru, which has been a major source of livelihood for the people of Beypore for centuries. The shipbuilding industry in Beypore is believed to have existed for over a thousand years and is considered to be an important part of Kerala’s cultural heritage.
Apart from enjoying the natural beauty of the beach, visitors can also indulge in various activities like swimming, beach volleyball, and other water sports. Beypore Beach is also known for its seafood delicacies, which are available in local restaurants and food stalls.
In summary, Beypore Beach is a beautiful destination that offers a blend of natural beauty, cultural heritage, and leisure activities, making it a must-visit for anyone traveling to the Kozhikode district of Kerala.
Situated at the mouth of the Chaliyar River in Kozhikode (Calicut) district, Beypore, one of the significant ports and fishing harbors of historic Kerala was a major trade and maritime center.
The Beypore Seaside in Kerala has a bridge built almost 2 km to the sea. It is really created up of substantial stones heaped together for almost 2 km generating a passageway into the sea.
Historic Beypore was lot visited by merchants from Western Asia, for its ship constructing business. The boat-constructing garden right here is popular for that development with the Uru, the traditional Arabian buying and selling vessel.
Beypore Beach Accessibility / Reach
Airlines: Calicut airport, is at Karipur and is particularly 23 km from Calicut metropolis center. From here you are able to acquire a bus or taxi to reach the Beypore seashore.
Beypore BeachRail Lines: The railhead at Kozhikode is linked to all of the main cities of India. From here you’ll be able to acquire a bus or taxi to attain the Beypore seashore.
Bus Strains: Beypore is properly connected by road and is just eleven km from Calicut. Lodging near Beypore
Being similar to Kozhikode (Calicut), you won’t face any difficulty in discovering an accommodation close to the seashore. Kozhikode has several lodging amenities in numerous ranges for vacationers from all around. Normal and budget accommodation options are available inside the urban center of Calicut.
Charming Spots close to Beypore
Kozhikode (Calicut) City
As soon as the funds of your effective Zamorins plus a significant commerce and commerce middle, Kozhikode was probably the most essential region of Malabar within the previous. Nowadays, lush inexperienced countrysides, serene beaches, historic websites, wildlife sanctuaries, rivers, hills, unique culture, and also a warm, pleasant ambiance make Kozhikode (Calicut) a most favored destination.
Kappad is the place in which Vasco da Gama set foot for the first time when he came to India on May perhaps 27, 1498. There is a small stone monument at the beach to commemorate that occasion.
Dolphin’s Point is actually a great spot to view dolphins enjoying inside the sea early inside the morning. On this beach are also located Calicut Town Center, Lions Club, along with a lighthouse.
Kozhikode (Calicut) Beach Mananchira
Mananchira (Calicut), which was the palace tank of King Mana Vikrama, has been now turned right into a standard architectural splendor with carpeted inexperienced grass and surrounded by ethnic buildings. The area also features a musical fountain.
A 13th-century Vattezhuthu inscribed on a stone slab may be seen on this mosque. this will be the oldest of the three mosques present at Kuttichira, in Kozhikode city. The inscription narrates the donation of the house for the mosque by a Zamorin. This mosque too is built inside conventional Kerala architectural fashion.
Things to do
Beypore Beach, located in the Kozhikode district of Kerala, offers a range of activities that visitors can enjoy during their stay. Here are some of the top things to do at Beypore Beach:
- Walk on the Beach: One of the most enjoyable things to do at Beypore Beach is to take a long walk along the shore. The soft golden sands and the gentle sea breeze create a peaceful and calming environment that is perfect for a leisurely stroll.
- Watch the Sunset: The view of the sunset at Beypore Beach is breathtaking and should not be missed. The sky turns shades of orange, pink, and purple as the sun sets over the Arabian Sea, making it a perfect opportunity for photography.
- Visit the Fishing Harbor: Beypore is home to one of the oldest fishing harbors in Kerala. You can observe the local fishermen going about their daily work, and also buy fresh seafood to cook and enjoy.
- Experience the Traditional Shipbuilding: The Beypore Beach is famous for its traditional shipbuilding industry, where craftsmen create large wooden boats using traditional techniques. Visitors can watch the process and learn about the history and cultural significance of shipbuilding in the region.
- Water Sports: For those who are looking for some adventure, Beypore Beach offers various water sports such as kayaking, boating, and jet skiing.
- Try the Local Cuisine: Beypore Beach is known for its seafood delicacies, and visitors should not miss the chance to taste some of the traditional dishes like fish curry, prawns fry, and crab roast. There are many local food stalls and restaurants near the beach, offering a range of seafood and other delicacies.
- Visit the Kadalundi Bird Sanctuary: Located about 20 km from Beypore Beach, the Kadalundi Bird Sanctuary is a natural haven for migratory birds, offering a beautiful spot for bird watching and nature walks.
In summary, Beypore Beach offers a range of activities for visitors to enjoy, from leisurely walks on the beach to water sports and exploring the rich cultural heritage of the region. With its stunning natural beauty and cultural significance, The Beach is an ideal destination for all kinds of travelers.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Beypore Beach:
Where is Beypore Beach located?
The Beach is located in the Kozhikode district of the Indian state of Kerala, in the south-western part of the country.
What are the opening hours of Beypore Beach?
Beypore Beach is open throughout the day, and visitors can enjoy the beach and its various attractions at any time.
Is Beypore Beach safe for swimming?
Yes, Beypore Beach is safe for swimming, but visitors are advised to follow the lifeguard’s instructions and be aware of the tides and currents.
What are the nearby tourist attractions to Beypore Beach?
The nearby tourist attractions to Beypore Beach include the Kadalundi Bird Sanctuary, the Kappad Beach, and the Tali Temple.
Can visitors try water sports at The Beach?
Yes, visitors can try various water sports like kayaking, boating, and jet skiing at Beypore Beach.
Are there any restaurants near Beypore Beach?
Yes, there are many local restaurants and food stalls near Beypore Beach, offering a range of seafood and other delicacies.
Is photography allowed on the beach?
Yes, photography is allowed on the beach, and visitors can capture the beautiful scenery and the stunning sunset views.
Is Beypore Beach crowded during peak tourist season?
The Beach can get crowded during peak tourist season, which is from December to February. However, the beach is relatively less crowded during the off-season, from June to September.
In summary, The Beach is a safe and beautiful destination that offers a range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. It is a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to the Kozhikode district of Kerala.