The surreal spectacle of nature – Bhedaghat Waterfalls
Bhedaghat waterfalls are also known as Dhuandhar falls located in Bhegadhat, Madhya Pradesh. The name Dhuandhar falls is famous because of the smoke cascade or smoke formed by water vapors. The falls are formed by the Narmada River and are 30 meters high. The place is full of natural beauty and picturesque landscapes. The river Narmada making its way through the world-famous Marble Rocks narrows down and then plunges into the Dhuandhar waterfall creating a bouncing mass of mist is a great sight to behold. Sharad Purnima is the perfect time to visit Bhedaghat waterfalls when Narmada Mahostsava gets celebrated. The Tourist loves the white marble that appears silvery when moonlight falls on it making the place more magical. Boating here in Dhuandhar is a marvelous experience in the valley of white marble which appears yellow during sunsets.
Things to enjoy at Bhedaghat Waterfalls;
The Smoke Cascade
Bhedaghat waterfalls are a very popular destination among tourists. The water falling on hard rock causes the mist to form which creates visuals of smoke emanating from the river bed which is a great sight to watch and hence the name Dhuandhar or Smoke cascade. The sight of river Narmada which is one of the five holy rivers of India is absolutely magical to watch as it falls from a great height. There is a common belief that a dip in the holy river Narmada can wash away one’s sins, the banks upstream provide a perfect opportunity for that. The place is perfect to enjoy nature’s tranquillity and to take memories of the place along with you in the form of pictures or videos.
Marble Rocks – Bhedaghat waterfalls
Marble rocks are situated just a km away from the Bhedaghat waterfalls and are so exquisite to actually miss. One must not forget to take a boat ride in the valley of white marble. The magical and enthralling experience is felt during the moonlight when the marbles shine silvery. November to May is the perfect month to enjoy boating and is closed during the monsoon. Bhedaghat falls and marble rocks are very popular and most visited tourist spots in Madhya Pradesh. The marble rocks accompanied by the magnificent Narmada River are truly breathtaking sights.
Bandar Kodini Point
There is a point through the narrow stretch of the rocks through the passage of the river, which was earlier narrow enough for the monkeys to jump across the rocks hence named Bandar kodini point. It is also a major source of attraction for tourists at Bhagdhat falls. Though the distance between the rocks is widened due to the constant shifting of the rocks the point is still worth visiting.
Shopping and Accommodation on Bhedaghat waterfalls
Local vendors near the Bhedaghat waterfalls have various marble artifacts available which tourists happily buy. The marble artifacts make great souvenirs making the trip more memorable and exciting. Jabalpur is the nearest town that visitors can also explore as it is extremely rich in archaeologically, historically, and culturally. There are many budget hotels available in Bhedaghat so visitors need not worry about the accommodation.
Bhedaghat Waterfalls Activity
Bhedaghat is a tourist spot in Jabalpur, India, famous for its waterfalls and marble rocks. Some popular activities to do at Bhedaghat include:
- Boating: Visitors can take a boat ride in the river Narmada to see the magnificent marble rocks and waterfalls up close.
- Nature Walk: The area around Bhedaghat has many beautiful walking trails surrounded by lush green vegetation, making it a perfect place for nature lovers.
- Photography: Bhedaghat offers stunning views and is a popular spot for photography enthusiasts to capture the beauty of the waterfalls, rocks, and surroundings.
- Visit to the Dhuandhar Falls: This is the main attraction of Bhedaghat and visitors can enjoy the view of the waterfall from various points along the river Narmada.
- Light and Sound Show: There is a light and sound show organized in the evenings, showcasing the history and culture of the region.
Things to do and see
In Bhedaghat, some popular things to do and see include:
- Boating in the Narmada River: Visitors can take a boat ride and admire the towering marble cliffs and the Dhuandhar Falls.
- Visit the Dhuandhar Falls: The main attraction of Bhedaghat, the Dhuandhar Falls is a spectacular waterfall that visitors can view from various points along the river.
- Explore the Marble Rocks: The area around Bhedaghat is famous for its towering marble cliffs, which visitors can admire from the boat or during a nature walk.
- Light and Sound Show: The light and sound show in the evenings is a popular attraction that showcases the history and culture of the region.
- Visit the Temples: There are several ancient temples in the area, including the Hanuman Dhara Temple, which is dedicated to Lord Hanuman.
- Nature walks: The lush green surroundings of Bhedaghat make it a perfect place for nature lovers to enjoy walks and take in the beauty of the area.
How to reach
Bhedaghat is located in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India. Here are some options to reach Bhedaghat:
- By Air: The nearest airport to Bhedaghat is Jabalpur Airport, which is well-connected to major cities in India. From the airport, visitors can take a taxi or an auto-rickshaw to reach Bhedaghat.
- By Train: Jabalpur Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Bhedaghat, and it is well-connected to major cities in India. From the railway station, visitors can take a taxi or an auto-rickshaw to reach Bhedaghat.
- By Bus: Bhedaghat is well-connected to Jabalpur and other nearby cities by road. Visitors can take a bus or hire a taxi to reach Bhedaghat.
Best time to visit
The best time to visit Bhedaghat is from October to March, during the winter months. During this time, the weather is pleasant and ideal for outdoor activities, such as boating and nature walks. The waterfalls are also at their best during this time, and visitors can enjoy the stunning views without being affected by the heat.
Summers (April to June) can get quite hot and humid in Bhedaghat, making it less comfortable for outdoor activities. Monsoons (July to September) bring heavy rainfall and may not be the best time to visit if you are looking to take part in outdoor activities, as the waterfalls may become too strong for safe viewing.
It’s always a good idea to check the weather forecast and be prepared for changes, as well as to confirm the availability of tourist activities, such as boating and light and sound shows, before making your trip.