Candolim Beach is a popular tourist destination located in the state of Goa, India. It is situated in North Goa and is one of the longest beaches in the region. The beach is known for its serene and picturesque surroundings, clean white sand, and calm sea waters.
Tourists can enjoy a range of activities at Candolim Beach, including sunbathing, swimming, and water sports such as parasailing and jet skiing. The beach also offers opportunities for dolphin spotting, and boat rides to nearby islands.
In addition to its natural beauty, Candolim Beach is known for its vibrant nightlife, with several beach shacks and restaurants offering a variety of cuisine and live music performances.
Candolim Beach is easily accessible by road, and can also be reached by ferry from the nearby town of Panaji. The beach is a popular destination for both domestic and international tourists and is a must-visit for anyone traveling to Goa.
How to reach
Dabolim (29 km from Panaji) is the nearest airport to Candolim. Indian Airlines has direct flights from Delhi and Mumbai. For train services, one should head for Karmali which is 11 km from the Goan capital of Panaji. The closest bus stop is at Mapusa– the KTC Bus Station. There are regular bus services to Candolim from Mapusa and Calangute.
Major Attraction around Candolim Beach
Built by the Portuguese in 1612, the Aguada Fort is a major attraction for visitors. The Candolim and the Calangute beaches lie on its northern side.
Kashmiri Handicraft Boutiques
The Kashmiri-run handicrafts offer interesting and exquisite handicrafts that are worth buying. Do try to pay a visit to these boutiques as
The Tibetans sell Himalayan curios and numerous jewelry items which could be the best buys. One can find high-quality Rajasthani, Gujarati, and Karnataka textiles. Don’t leave the sellers to go away without a hard bargain.
Candolim’s nightlife is amazingly tamed, providing you a nice break from the wild parties at the Anjuna beach. Mostly the bars close down by 10:00 pm. The only exception is Tito’s at the Baga end of the beach which remains open until after midnight.
What are the beach sports in the store?
Candolim beach offers multiple options for tourists and adventure seekers. There are sports like parasailing, water skiing, and windsurfing. There are guides as well to help you through the sports. Special beach excursions are arranged, taking you right to the middle of the sea from where you can capture some priceless moments of the sunset.
Which are the nearby hotels?
Phoenix Park Inn Resort (SequeraVado) is a good accommodating option. Provided with 58 rooms, the hotel offers facilities like restaurants, a poolside bar, Barbeque, Internet, a Board room, a conference hall, TV, tea and coffee maker, etc. Whispering Palms Beach Resort and Highland Beach Resort are other popular resorts at Candolim.
What is the best time?
Goa has a consistent climate with little changes in temperature. However, the best time to visit the beach is between the months of November and February.
Things to do
Candolim Beach offers a range of activities for visitors to enjoy during their stay. Here are some of the top things to do at Candolim Beach:
- Relax on the beach: The main attraction of Candolim Beach is its long stretch of golden sand and serene waters. Visitors can relax on the beach and soak up the sun or take a dip in the sea. The beach is relatively less crowded than other popular beaches in Goa, making it an ideal spot for those seeking a quieter and more peaceful experience.
- Water sports: Candolim Beach is known for its variety of water sports, including parasailing, jet skiing, banana boat rides, and windsurfing. Tourists can rent equipment and take lessons from local operators located on the beach.
- Dolphin spotting: Several boat operators offer dolphin spotting tours at Candolim Beach. Visitors can take a boat ride into the sea and watch dolphins swimming and playing in their natural habitat.
- Island hopping: There are several islands near Candolim Beach that visitors can explore. Boat rides to the nearby islands of Grande Island, Monkey Island, and St. George Island are available at the beach.
- Visit Fort Aguada: Fort Aguada is a historic fort located near Candolim Beach. It was built by the Portuguese in the 17th century and offers stunning views of the sea. Visitors can explore the fort and its lighthouse, which is one of the oldest lighthouses in Asia.
- Visit the Church of Our Lady of Good Hope: The Church of Our Lady of Good Hope is a popular tourist attraction located near Candolim Beach. It was built in the 16th century and features a beautiful Baroque-style architecture.
- Enjoy the nightlife: Candolim Beach offers a vibrant nightlife scene, with several beach shacks and restaurants offering a variety of cuisine and live music performances. Visitors can enjoy a relaxing evening on the beach with good food and music.
Overall, Candolim Beach is a great destination for those seeking a mix of relaxation and adventure. Its beautiful surroundings, range of activities, and rich history make it a must-visit for anyone traveling to Goa.
Is The Beach safe for swimming?
Yes, Beach is safe for swimming. However, visitors should exercise caution and pay attention to warning signs as the sea can be rough at times.
Are there any accommodations near The Beach?
Yes, there are several accommodations near The Beach, including resorts, hotels, and guesthouses.
Can visitors rent beach umbrellas and chairs at The Beach?
Yes, visitors can rent beach umbrellas and chairs at Candolim Beach. There are several vendors located on the beach who offer these services for a fee.
Is there a fee to enter?
No, there is no fee to enter Candolim Beach. It is a public beach and is open to all visitors.
Are there any restaurants and cafes near Beach?
Yes, there are several restaurants and cafes near Candolim Beach, offering a variety of cuisine and drinks. Visitors can also enjoy seafood at the beach shacks.
What is the distance between The Beach and the nearest airport?
The nearest airport to Candolim Beach is Goa International Airport, which is approximately 37 kilometers away.