Sharing is Caring
Caribbean Sailing Vacation Packing Tips for Travelers
If you are planning a yacht charter vacation to the Caribbean, there is a good chance that you have a lot of questions regarding your trip. What do you pack? Are there any essentials that you will need? These questions are normal because the Caribbean and the surrounding waters aren’t like anywhere on earth. Not only are you entering a foreign landscape – you are also entering a unique climate region that is often warm, but can easily turn from bright and sunny to stormy and windy in a matter of minutes. This is exactly why you want to pack all the right items.
- Bring your swim trunks or swimsuit. Of course, if you are visiting the Caribbean, you will be doing a lot of swimming. Not only is the weather warm – so is the water. In fact, there is nothing more relaxing than swimming in the warm Caribbean waters. This is why you want to pack a pair of twin trunks or a swimsuit or two. The last thing you want is to be in the Caribbean without swim gear.
- Bring protection from the sun. When it comes down to it, the Caribbean is also very bright and the sun can beat down on your skin when you are spending time on the beach. Moreover, the sun can reflect from the bright white sandy beaches. This is why you want to pack some different types of sun protection. You may want to bring a high SPF sunblock for the daytime and a low SPF sunblock for the afternoon. Ideally, you want to bring sunblock that is waterproof, because you will be going in and out of the water.
- Bring a light sweater. Many people don’t realize this, but the Caribbean can get slightly chilly at night. This is especially the case in the evening by the water. This is why you want to bring a light sweater. You may not even need your sweater, but it will be smart to pack it in your suitcase, just in case. You just never know. The last thing you want is to be at a romantic dinner and feel uncomfortable.
- Bring your passport. On top of everything, you also want to bring a passport. The Caribbean islands are classified as foreign nations, so you want to bring your passport to show at the dock your boat pulls into. If you don’t have your passport, you may be forced to turn around, which could put a wrench in your entire vacation. Moreover, your passport will be needed for identity purposes, so it is good to keep your passport in your bag at all times.
- Bring a small pocket knife. A pocket knife may seem like a strange thing to pack with you, but if you are heading out on a yacht charter – chartered by a company like The Advantaged Yacht Charters & Sales – you want to have some kind of sharp tool on you. You may want to open bottles, cut through the brush on the beach, or open a clamshell. In the end, a pocketknife will be a smart tool to have on your Caribbean sailing vacation.