Chavakkad Beach in Thrissur, Kerala
The wonderful and extraordinary beach in Kerala is the Chavakkad Beach that is situated in the district of Thrissur. Domestic tourists, as well as local people, get attracted to this palace due to the golden beaches glittering in the sun and the rolling waves heating the shore. The most interesting fact about the beach is that this place is the confluence of the river and the sea which is known as Azhimokam in their language. This popular beach is ideal for beach walking, candle light dinner along the shore and fishing with the help of the common people. Along the border of the shore, you can see palm and coconut trees standing in lines. It is located just at a distance of 5 km from the town of Guruvayoor.
Activities to indulge in
- Watching the natural beauty of the sea and the meeting point of the river and the sea
- Walking along the coastline of the Arabian Sea and enjoy the breeze
- Swimming in the water of the wavy sea and getting sun bathed
- Fishing with the fishermen, catching fresh fish from the blue sea is really a matter of enjoyment
- Watching thousands of migratory birds flying here and there beside the sea and near the beach
- Playing volleyball within the knee depth water just for fun, with kids, family or friends
- Having the pleasure of Ayurveda massages from the local experts who uses medicinal herbs for massages
- Tasting the local food stuffs that includes domestic snacks and fish fried in coconut oil. Every year thousands of tourists draw into this place due to which the locals arrange a dining experience for them. The nearby restaurants offer delicious seafood to make them know the taste of the South which is great.
How to go Chavakkad Beach
If you want to go by road then the national highway number 17 could take you there that run from Kochi to Mangalore via Chavakkad. Private buses run from Thrissur and Kochi to Chavakkad. There are state buses also that cross Chavakkad on its way. The nearest railway station is Guruvayur station. And Thrissur railway station is ideal to go to long-distance routes whether it is north India or South India. The nearest Airport, Cochin International airport lies at a distance of 80 kms away from the spot from where all kinds of flights are available, domestic and international.
Nearby places of attractions
- Thoomban Bhadrakali temple
- Naagayakshi temple
- Kozhikulangara temple
- Church Tomas temple
Where to eat
There are many restaurants in the locality that offers delicious dishes, few of which are Saravann Bhavan, Theertham, Thulasi Krihna Inn, Ganapthy Bhawan and Indian coffee house. Other than these restaurants there are other road side stalls that offer fresh and tasty local foods in reasonable price.
Where to stay in Chavakkad Beach
The Chavakkad Beach is a place is an amazing place to relax and enjoy the beauty of the ocean. The place Guruvayoor is just awesome where you can explore the traditional taste of the locality. You need to visit here and stay at the nearby hotels to have an insight within the various cultures of the city. The beach is the best example to experience the insightful climax of life. Here are a few hotels where you can stay in a comfortable manner. The Ambady tourist house, Boban Plaza and Gokulam resorts are cheap hotels nearby. If you want more luxurious resorts then Hotel Vishnu Inn, Kanoos residency and Guruvayoor gateway are some hotels with promising amenities in the locality. Other than the hotels there is availability of houseboats that provide budget accommodation. But the cost is much higher. But staying in Ecoboat 4 deluxe in Alleppey is something that would give you the feeling of royalty and is a lifetime achievement.
Beaches of Kerala give you the chance to watch over the beauty of the Blue Arabian Sea. And the beach of Chavakkad remains crowded all through the year due to the point of confluence and those who want to know south India by getting close to it. So whenever you are in Kerala then you should definitely get an idea of this place.