Family Holidays in Bahrain
Bahrain, a small island country in the Persian Gulf, is an excellent destination for families looking for a mix of cultural experiences and relaxation. With its warm weather, clear blue waters, and rich history, Bahrain offers a range of activities that are suitable for all ages. In this blog post, we will explore some of the best family-friendly activities to enjoy during a holiday in Bahrain.
- Visit the Bahrain National Museum
The Bahrain National Museum is a great place to start your trip to Bahrain, especially if you are traveling with children. The museum features exhibitions on Bahrain’s history and culture, as well as interactive displays that allow children to learn about the country’s traditions, crafts, and daily life. The museum is open from 8 AM to 8 PM every day except for Friday, when it is open from 12 PM to 8 PM.
- Explore the Al Areen Wildlife Park
The Al Areen Wildlife Park is a must-visit destination for families who love animals. The park is home to a variety of animals, including giraffes, lions, tigers, and zebras. Visitors can take a tour of the park by car, or they can walk around and explore the different habitats. The park also has a water park and a spa, making it a great destination for a full day of fun.
- Discover the Bahrain Fort
The Bahrain Fort is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that dates back to the 16th century. The fort is located on the northern coast of Bahrain and offers stunning views of the surrounding area. Families can explore the fort’s ruins and learn about Bahrain’s history and architecture. The fort is open every day from 8 AM to 8 PM.
- Relax on the Beach
Bahrain is home to several beautiful beaches, including Al Jazayer Beach and Amwaj Beach. Both beaches offer soft sand, clear blue waters, and plenty of space to relax and enjoy the sun. Families can swim, build sandcastles, or participate in water sports like jet skiing or parasailing.
- Shop at the Manama Souq
The Manama Souq is a bustling marketplace that offers a unique shopping experience. Families can browse the shops and stalls for souvenirs, handicrafts, and traditional Arabian garments. The souq is also home to several restaurants and cafes where visitors can enjoy traditional Bahraini food.
- Take a Boat Ride
Bahrain’s waters are home to a variety of marine life, including dolphins and whales. Families can take a boat ride to see these majestic creatures up close. Several tour companies offer boat rides, including GlassBoat and Bahrain Yacht Charter.
- Visit the Tree of Life
The Tree of Life is a natural wonder located in the middle of the desert. The tree is over 400 years old and stands alone in the barren landscape. Families can take a tour of the area to learn about the tree’s history and significance. Visitors can also go off-roading in the surrounding desert or have a picnic under the shade of the tree.
In conclusion, Bahrain is an excellent destination for families who want to experience a unique mix of culture and relaxation. With its many attractions and activities, there is something for everyone to enjoy. From exploring historical sites to relaxing on the beach or seeing marine life, Bahrain offers a variety of experiences that will create lasting memories for the whole family.
How to reach
Bahrain is well-connected to major cities around the world through its international airport, Bahrain International Airport (BAH). Many airlines, including Gulf Air, Emirates, and Etihad Airways, offer direct flights to Bahrain from major cities such as London, Paris, Dubai, and Mumbai.
Once you arrive at Bahrain International Airport, you can take a taxi, bus, or rental car to reach your destination. Taxis are readily available outside the airport, and they offer fixed fares to different destinations in Bahrain. Buses also operate from the airport, and they are an affordable option for those on a budget. Rental cars are available from several car rental companies located at the airport.
Bahrain is also connected to other neighboring countries in the Gulf region by road, and it is possible to drive to Bahrain from Saudi Arabia or Qatar. However, it is important to check the entry requirements and regulations before traveling by road.
Where to Stay
Bahrain offers a range of accommodation options for families, from luxury hotels to budget-friendly options. Here are some recommended places to stay in Bahrain:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain: This luxury hotel is located on a private beach and offers a range of amenities for families, including a kids’ club, multiple swimming pools, and a spa. The hotel also has several restaurants and bars, making it a convenient option for families who want to stay in one place.
- The Gulf Hotel Bahrain: This 5-star hotel is located in the heart of Manama and offers spacious rooms and suites with modern amenities. The hotel also has a kids’ club, several restaurants and bars, and a spa.
- Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort: This beachfront resort offers a range of activities for families, including water sports, a kids’ club, and a swimming pool. The hotel also has several restaurants and bars, making it a convenient option for families who want to stay in one place.
- Swiss-Belhotel Seef Bahrain: This 4-star hotel is located in the Seef district and offers spacious rooms and suites with modern amenities. The hotel also has a kids’ club, a swimming pool, and several restaurants and bars.
- Elite Seef Residence: This apartment hotel offers spacious and fully equipped apartments that are ideal for families. The hotel also has a swimming pool, a gym, and a children’s play area.
It is recommended to book accommodation in advance, especially during peak travel seasons, to ensure availability and get the best rates.