10 Fun Things to Do in Orlando
Orlando is a great place to mix business and pleasure. While Mom or Dad are attending a convention, the rest of the family can be out visiting the best sights in this Florida tourist spot.
- The Magic Kingdom has been a major draw since Walt Disney World opened more than 40 years ago. Mingle with Mickey and Minnie during your visit. Even easier to enjoy if you stay at one of the Disney vacation rentals that are right there in the area.
- If you love movies, you’ll love Universal Studios where technology allows you to be part of your favorite films. Or you can stay behind the scenes to learn how movies are made. Harry Potter fans will want to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Sea World Orlando lets you get up close and personal with dolphins, penguins, and Beluga whales, but other sea animals, such as sharks, are best viewed outside the tank.
- Kids who play with Legos will love Legoland, the Orlando area’s newest theme park, with its rides and hands-on activities.
- Learn about 11 world cultures at Epcot Center, famous for its iconic Spaceship Earth that looks like a giant golf ball. Fun Orlando
- Alligators rule at Gatorland where you can see thousands of alligators and crocodiles as well as visit an aviary and petting zoo.
- Orlando is more than theme parks, so when it’s time for culture, visit the Orlando Museum of Art with its permanent collections of American and African art.
- No trip is complete without shopping. Orlando offers fabulous opportunities, including Nieman-Marcus and one of the southeast’s largest outlet malls.
- Golfers will think they’re in heaven as Orlando is home to more than 170 golf courses plus some pretty famous tournaments.
- Food is another good reason to visit Orlando. Choices range from theme park dining to upscale restaurants offering a variety of cuisines.