Sharing is Caring
Juhu Beach in Mumbai- the celebrities spot
Juhu in Mumbai is the most popular place in Maharashtra. The place is basically famous for the Juhu Beach bordered by Arabian Sea in the western region, Vile Parle and Santacruz in the east and Versova to its north and Khar along its south. Juhu as we all know is the home to most of the Bollywood celebrities like Amitav Bachan, Hema Malini, Hrithik Roshan, Aamisha Patel, Vivek Oberoi and many more. The beach stretches over a distance of six kilometer along the shore and is a nice weekend destination for the local people. People from all over the state come to visit here due to its peaceful environment and to spend some quality time away from loud noise of the metropolitan city.
It can be easily reach by road as all taxi drivers know the route towards the beach. Other than taxis and autos private and MTDC buses are available from many areas of the city. The Dadar bus stand is located at a distance of 15 km away from the beach. The nearest railway station to the beach is Villle Parle which stands 3 km away from the spot. The closest metro station is Versova. As Juhu is located very close to the Mumbai international airport, it is never a problem to spot the place. You can hire an auto or taxi and reach there.
Activities to do
Located at a distance of 18 km from city centre it is a suitable place for shooting film. Extravagant apartments and hotels are located to the south end of the Juhu Beach. The place can be visited at anytime of the year. There are many activities to do at the beach.
- Try the local street food of Mumbai which is the first thing you must do. The beach stalls offers wide range of delicious cuisines that you would just love to taste.
- There are some popular Italian restaurants nearby like Mangi Ferra, Penne, Little Italy etc. you can have the awesome sea stuffs here. Some pubs also lie nearby for the youth groups.
- Gandigram where Gandhiji had spent some time of his life staying there is a nice place situated to the north. Children love to spend their vacations here and engage them in various playing activities.
- Rides are also available at the beach like riding camels and horse. Dancing monkeys on the beach are other exciting thing to spot on the beach.
- Watching the sunset and sunrise is a common activity at every beach and so here too. Sunset views are really fascinating at beaches.
- There are some nearby temple that you love to explore such as Siddhi Vinayak temple, Mukteshwar Devalaya, and the popular ISKON Mandir. Holy Cross Church and St. Joseph’s Church also lies nearby.
- The international airport Chatrapati Shivaji is very close to the beach and you can watch close view of the flights taking off and pulling up sitting at the beach.
- Nightlife in Mumbai is totally a different view and tourists around the globe come here to enjoy the passionate night of Mumbai. DJs and celebrities are seen to perform at the bars, nightclubs and pubs. Aurus and Wink are some of the nightclubs that are famous among the locals. These remain open till 1: 30 in the midnight.
Where to stay
Hotels are many and awesome around Mumbai and there are varieties of luxurious hotels near Juhu Beach that offers comfortable and luxurious stay. Hotels such as Hotel Columbus, the regale of Tunga, Citizen Hotel, Residency Hotel, Hotel Transit, and Hotel Rama Krishna are some of the best nearby hotels in your budget where you can experience the best visit.
The Juhu Beach is a popular attraction among the tourists and it is likely to get more crowded in the holidays. The Mumbai style roadside food is also one of the main attraction of the visitors who like get the unique taste of those lip smacking street foods such as vada pav, vhelpuri, sev puri and pani puri. The beach gets much more crowded in the annual Ganesh Chaturthi celebration and people from far and near come to immerse their idols of different sizes in this beach water.