Kamla Nehru Park
Kamla Nehru Park- Boot Park in Mumbai
This is a beautiful park for the kids as well as adults to spend their idle moments in a beautiful manner. The Kamla Nehru Park is located in Pune on Dr. Katkar road. The park is featured a jogging track, a fountain, two lawns, and a playground for kids. There is military jet aircraft in one of the two lawns for the kids to enjoy. Many footstalls are there outside the gate of the park. It is located a few kilometers from the famous Deccan Gymkhana. A park is a wonderful option if you want to spend some time with nature. People from near and far visit the place in order to enjoy some peaceful moments and quality time. Many people could be spotted doing yoga and exercises early in the morning.
The park being in the tranquil region of the Malabar Hills, it offers a clean, safe, and peaceful environment to the children. It is an ideal place for doing a picnic and it suits introverted people the most. The park is spread within an area of 4000 sq. ft and spending your time here, in the lush greeneries is like a perfect time passing with your loved ones.
Here are some essential pieces of information about Kamala Nehru Park in Mumbai:
- Location: The park is located in Mumbai, India.
- Timings: The park is open from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM, but it is best to check with local authorities for the latest information.
- Entry fee: There is no entry fee to visit the park.
- Features: Kamala Nehru Park is a popular recreational spot and is known for its well-manicured gardens, children’s play area, and scenic views. It is a great place for families to spend time outdoors and enjoy some fresh air and green spaces.
- Nearby attractions: Some nearby attractions include the Hanging Gardens, the Banganga Tank, and the Kamala Nehru Zoo.
- Contact information: For more information or to confirm the latest information, it is best to contact the local authorities or check the official park website.
History of the Park
The first prime minister of India Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru gave the idea to create this park. He loved children very much and was fondly called chacha Nehru by the children as we all know. Thus he established the park almost 65 years ago in memory of his wife named Kamla.
What to see
The main attraction of the park is the military jet which the kids enjoy the most. There is green vegetation beautifully decorated inside the park which is food for the eyes. Another attractive feature of the park is the old woman’s shoe which stands in the children’s park. This towering structure of the boot is a favorite of the children and the park is also known as the ‘shoe park’ due to this. The shoe house reminds us of our childhood poem “there was an old woman who lived in a shoe”. The park also offers fascinating of the city skyline beside the coastal Arabian Sea.
What to do
The Kamla Nehru Park has been constructed to provide an outdoor experience in a traditional manner. Other than kids’ playground amenities that provide the children with lots of fun and enjoyment the park also impresses the onlookers with a spectacular view of the nearby Queen’s Necklace or the Marine Drive. You can stay in the park even after the evening to have a magical view of the sunset and watch the city change its look from a shining daylight Mumbai to a sparkling twilight night. The view of this moment is awesome as you can see the change just in front of your eyes. The Ashoka Pillar is the symbol of its historical background.
The nearest railway station is Cherni railway station and the spot is located just at a distance of 4.5 km. form the station taxi and autos are available to the park. Chhatrapati Shivaji airport is the nearest terminus from where Bus No. 108 leaves for Kamla Nehru Park, which is its last stoppage.
Tips to follow
- The park is not a place for playing football or cricket, so these games should be prohibited.
- The park has undergone modification and it was closed for some months to renovate with new designs and structures. It opened in a new form in February 2018. So take care of the newly added decorations and leisure amenities that have been created from child-level inspirations.
- Any type of eateries is not allowed inside, so if you want to eat, then have it either before or after entering the park
- Above all maintain cleanliness inside the park and cooperate with the government.
Being on the top of the hill there is less humidity as compared to the city. Altogether the park represents a place for public interaction, cheerful weather, and fun-filled moments. The place seems to come alive in the rainy season as the plants are seen filled with bloomed flowers and the chirping of migratory birds is heard.
The Hanging Gardens is a terraced garden located on the slope of Malabar Hill in Mumbai. It offers scenic views of the city and is a popular spot for families and tourists.
The Banganga Tank is an ancient tank and pilgrimage site, considered to be one of the oldest in Mumbai. It is a revered Hindu religious site and is surrounded by several temples and shrines.
Kamala Nehru Zoo:
The Kamala Nehru Zoo is a popular zoological park located near the park. It features a variety of animals and bird species, making it a great destination for families and nature lovers.
Prince of Wales Museum:
The Prince of Wales Museum is a museum dedicated to the art, archaeology, and natural history of India. It is housed in a historic building and offers a rich cultural experience to visitors.
Marine Drive is a popular seaside promenade in Mumbai. It offers stunning views of the Arabian Sea and the Mumbai skyline, making it a popular spot for visitors and locals alike.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus:
Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus is a historic railway station and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is considered as the symbol of Mumbai and offers a glimpse into the city’s rich history and cultural heritage.
Best time to visit
The best time to visit Kamala Nehru Park in Mumbai depends on individual preferences. Some people prefer to visit the park during the cooler months, from October to February, while others may enjoy visiting during the monsoon season, from June to September, when the park is lush and green.
For those who prefer warm weather, March to May can be a good time to visit, with temperatures ranging from 25°C to 35°C.
Ultimately, the best time to visit Kamala Nehru Park is when it is most convenient for you, as the park is open throughout the year and offers a peaceful and relaxing environment no matter the season.
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about Kamala Nehru Park in Mumbai:
- What is Kamala Nehru Park?
Kamala Nehru Park is a popular park located in Mumbai, India. It is known for its well-manicured gardens, children’s play area, and scenic views, making it a popular destination for families and visitors.
- What are the timings of Kamala Nehru Park?
The park is typically open from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM, but it is always best to check with local authorities for the latest information, as the timings may vary on holidays or due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Is there an entry fee to visit Kamala Nehru Park?
No, there is no entry fee to visit Kamala Nehru Park. The park is open to the public and accessible to all, free of charge.
- What are some nearby attractions to Kamala Nehru Park?
Some nearby attractions include the Hanging Gardens, the Banganga Tank, the Kamala Nehru Zoo, the Prince of Wales Museum, Marine Drive, and Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus.
- What is the best time to visit Kamala Nehru Park?
The best time to visit Kamala Nehru Park depends on individual preferences, but it is open throughout the year and offers a peaceful and relaxing environment no matter the season.