In Love with Wildlife? Visit Kanakeshwar Forest Today
Kanakeshwar arranged close to the Alibaug on Konkan drift is renowned for its climate and an old sanctuary of Lord Shiva. Kanakeshwar forest is arranged in the middle of woods so thick that the inside is impermeable to daylight. Sanctuary is roosted on a little slope which is 12 KMs from Alibaug. Access to the sanctuary on the slope is however right around 700 soak steps.
All you need to know about Kanakeshwar Forest
Kanakeshwar backwoods is plagued with the deadliest of snake species and much of the time spotted wild creatures like panthers and wild pigs. The territory bears a steely quiet and vacationers are permitted in just at their own particular hazard.
The Kanaksehwar Forest is a thick timberland in Alibaug. The backwoods significantly include wild hogs, jaguars, and noxious snakes, which are thought to be the legitimate proprietors of the timberland. One can feel the quiet of the wilderness and the abutting slopes. Wild panthers can likewise be located in the backwoods regions. The backwoods has a lush green look. The timberland looks dull notwithstanding amid daytime. The backwoods, with their amazing view, is a decent place for climbing also.
Kanakeshwar timberland is a seriously thick backwood and is one of the untouched places in Alibaug. This backwood is an evergreen timberland and houses the absolute most unsafe types of reptiles and warm-blooded creatures. Among the real species that are found here, snakes, jaguars, mountain reptiles, and wild pigs are the critical ones. On the off chance that you are a natural life aficionado, Kanakeshwar woodland will fill in as a fantasy goal for you. This place is arranged at a tallness of around 300 m and furthermore houses a little Shiva sanctuary at its best.
Kanakeshwar, on the Konkan drift close to Alibaug, is a prevalent place, celebrated for its cool atmosphere and the old sanctuary of Lord Shiva. The sanctuary is arranged on a little slope close to the town of Mapgaon which is just about 12 km from Alibaug. The slope is very nearly 1200 feet high and one needs to climb 700 – 750 stages to achieve the sanctuary.
Nagobacha Tappa in Kanakeshwar Forest
In the mid of the slope, one can see “Nagobacha Tappa” (a Place of Snakes) and the acclaimed step called “Devachi Payari” named on the grounds that, it is stated, God himself ventured here after the development of the sanctuary and the means. The sanctuary of Kanakeshwar is exceptionally excellent; it is a Hoysala-style structure worked in 1764. A water tank, called a “Pushkarni“, has water nearly consistently.
The slope and the surroundings regard visit. One can see the sloping area and the backwoods on the slope.
Highlights of Kanakeshwar Forest:
- Rich biodiversity and scenic beauty
- Home to a variety of flora and fauna, including rare species
- Located in the Western Ghats, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- A popular destination for trekking, bird watching, and nature photography.
Large Variety of Wildlife in Kanakeshwar Forest
Kanakeshwar forest is a place to feel the wilderness and hush of the wilderness and slopes. On the off chance that you need to see the magnificence of the Arabian ocean and the stronghold of Khanderi and in addition the whole sloping locale, at that point, Kanakeshwar is the place to visit and rest for 2– 3 days.
Kanekeshwar slope bolsters an assortment of vegetation, Fauna comprises an assortment of flying creatures, and reptiles, It has been seen to be a decent reproducing place for raptor flying creatures.
Kanakeshwar Forest is an absolute necessity visit put for all the untamed life darlings and nature fans. Getting an opportunity to observe wild creatures resting in their common natural surroundings is without a doubt an enjoyment. As this zone isn’t highly investigated by individuals, it is absolutely quiet and serene. On the highest point of a bluff is a wonderful sanctuary, which offers thoroughly shocking perspectives of the environment. Investing some energy in the lap of nature is certain to revive your body and soul.
Facts about Kanakeshwar Forest:
- Part of the Sahyadri range of the Western Ghats
- Elevation of about 1000 meters above sea level
- Contains moist deciduous, semi-evergreen, and evergreen forests
- Known for its diverse flora and fauna, including species of mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and insects
- A popular destination for trekking, bird watching, and nature photography
- Provides valuable ecosystem services such as water recharge, carbon sequestration, and habitat for wildlife.
How to reach
Ways to reach Kanakeshwar Forest:
- By Air: The nearest airport is Mumbai, located about 140 km away. From there, one can take a taxi or bus to the forest.
- By Train: The nearest railway station is Panvel, located about 80 km away. From there, one can take a taxi or bus to the forest.
- By Road: Kanakeshwar Forest is well connected by road and can be easily reached by taxi or bus from nearby cities like Mumbai, Pune, and Panvel.
Nearby attractions to Kanakeshwar Forest:
- Matheran Hill Station: A popular hill station located just a few kilometers from the forest.
- Karnala Bird Sanctuary: A sanctuary famous for its bird watching opportunities, located about 50 km from the forest.
- Prabalgad Fort: A historic fort located in the same range as the forest, offering scenic views and trekking opportunities.
- Peb Fort: A historic fort located near the forest, known for its scenic views and trekking trails.
- Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary: A wildlife sanctuary located in the Western Ghats, known for its biodiversity and scenic beauty.
Forest is a popular destination for bird watching.
- Nature Photography: The forest’s rich biodiversity and scenic beauty make it a popular spot for nature photographers.
Kanakeshwar Forest FAQ
- What is Kanakeshwar Forest?
- Kanakeshwar Forest is a protected forest area located in the state of Maharashtra, India.
- What kind of wildlife can be found in Kanakeshwar Forest?
- Kanakeshwar Forest is known for its diverse wildlife, including tigers, leopards, deer, monkeys, and various species of birds.
- Is Kanakeshwar Forest open for tourists?
- Yes, Kanakeshwar Forest is open to tourists. However, there are certain restrictions and guidelines in place for the protection of wildlife and the forest area.
- Can I go for a trek in Kanakeshwar Forest?
- Yes, trekking is allowed in Kanakeshwar Forest with permission from the forest department.
- What is the best time to visit Kanakeshwar Forest?
- The best time to visit Kanakeshwar Forest is during the months of November to June when the weather is pleasant and the forest is in full bloom.
- Is camping allowed in Kanakeshwar Forest?
- Camping is not allowed in Kanakeshwar Forest. Visitors are advised to stay in nearby lodges or hotels.
- How can I reach Kanakeshwar Forest?
- Kanakeshwar Forest is located near the town of Alibaug, which can be reached by road or by boat from Mumbai.
- What are the entry fees for Kanakeshwar Forest?
- The entry fees for Kanakeshwar Forest vary depending on the type of vehicle and the purpose of the visit. It is advised to check with the forest department for the latest fees.
Sharing is caring