Kovalam Beach is one of the most popular and beautiful beaches in Kerala, India. It is located about 16 km from the state capital of Thiruvananthapuram and is known for its scenic beauty, clear waters, and tranquil surroundings. Here are some things to know about Kovalam Beach:
Touring Season: September to March
Kovalam seashore Kerala is an internationally renowned seaside of Kerala India, with three adjacent crescent seashores. Kovalam seaside in Kerala continues to be a favorite hangout for tourists, specifically Europeans, since the 1930s. Ayurvedic massage parlors, yoga centers, and h2o sports amenities can make Kovalam a common haven for tourists from all more than the planet.
The enchanting belt of golden sands in Kerala Kovalam beachfront is laced using the lush green coconut palms. A former fishing village, Kovalam Kerala is definitely an evergreen and pleasant climatic beach resort. Kerala Kovalam’s seaside is a dream destination for tourists all over the world. Nowadays, Kovalam seashore at Kerala is recognized since the “Paradise of the South”.
Kovalam Beach Accessibility
Airways: The nearest airport from Kovalam is Trivandrum (20 km)!!! Many International Airlines are working flights to and from right here. Indian Airways and Jetairways are working for domestic flights. You will find direct flights to New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, and Banglore.
Rail Lines: Nearest railhead is Trivandrum Central. Trivandrum is connected by rail with a lot of important cities in India.
Bus Traces: Kovalam is connected by road with various tourist locations within Kerala and India
Private / Hired Autos: One can both take one’s personal vehicle or employ coaches, tourist taxies, and auto-rickshaws to succeed in the beach spot.
Lodging at Kovalam
Kovalam is a popular tourist destination in Kerala, India, known for its beautiful beaches and serene atmosphere. There are several lodging options available in Kovalam to suit different budgets and preferences. Here are some of the popular ones:
- Taj Green Cove Resort & Spa: This is a luxurious 5-star resort located on a hilltop, overlooking the sea. The resort offers plush rooms and suites, an infinity pool, a spa, and multiple dining options.
- The Leela Kovalam: This is another 5-star luxury resort, situated on a cliff, overlooking the Arabian Sea. The resort features well-appointed rooms and suites, a private beach, multiple dining options, and a spa.
- Turtle On The Beach: This is a 5-star boutique hotel located on the Samudra beach, offering elegantly furnished rooms and suites, a rooftop infinity pool, a spa, and a multi-cuisine restaurant.
- Niraamaya Retreats Surya Samudra: This is a 4-star luxury resort, situated on a cliff, overlooking the Arabian Sea. The resort features spacious cottages and villas, a private beach, an infinity pool, and a spa.
- Soma Palmshore Beach Resort: This is a mid-range beachfront resort, offering comfortable rooms, a swimming pool, a multi-cuisine restaurant, and ayurvedic treatments.
- Hotel Samudra: This is a budget-friendly beachfront hotel, offering simple rooms, a swimming pool, a restaurant, and easy access to the beach.
These are just a few of the lodging options available in Kovalam. Visitors can choose based on their budget, preferences, and the amenities they are looking for.
Attraction of Kovalam
Kovalam is a popular tourist destination in Kerala, India, known for its beautiful beaches, serene atmosphere, and cultural attractions. Here are some of the top attractions in Kovalam:
- Kovalam Beaches: Kovalam is famous for its three crescent-shaped beaches – Lighthouse Beach, Hawa Beach, and Samudra Beach. These beaches are ideal for swimming, sunbathing, and surfing.
- Vizhinjam Lighthouse: This 19th-century lighthouse is a popular tourist attraction in Kovalam. Visitors can climb up to the top of the lighthouse to enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding area.
- Halcyon Castle: This 1930s-era castle, located near the Kovalam beach, was once a palace of the Travancore royal family. It is now converted into a luxury hotel, but visitors can still appreciate its architectural beauty from the outside.
- Vellayani Lake: This serene freshwater lake, located about 7 kilometers from Kovalam, is a popular spot for boating and fishing. The lake is surrounded by lush greenery and offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Valiyathura Pier: This historic pier, built by the British in the early 20th century, is a popular spot for fishing and watching the sunset.
- Neyyar Wildlife Sanctuary: This wildlife sanctuary, located about 30 kilometers from Kovalam, is home to a variety of wildlife species, including elephants, tigers, and leopards. Visitors can enjoy a wildlife safari, trekking, and other nature-related activities here.
- Karamana River: This scenic river, located about 16 kilometers from Kovalam, is ideal for boating, fishing, and enjoying the natural beauty of the area.
These are just a few of the many attractions in Kovalam. Visitors can explore the city and its surrounding areas to discover more cultural, natural, and historical landmarks.
Yoga & Ayurveda
At Kovalam, several hotels and resorts supply Ayurvedic massage and treatment. Yoga (Indian way of meditation) centers are also plenty in Kovalam.
Kovalam is a culturally rich destination in Kerala, India, with a variety of cultural activities for visitors to enjoy. Here are some of the cultural activities that you can experience in Kovalam:
- Kathakali Performance: Kathakali is a classical dance form that originated in Kerala. Visitors can attend a Kathakali performance in Kovalam to witness the elaborate makeup, colorful costumes, and expressive dance movements of this traditional art form.
- Ayurvedic Spa: Ayurveda is a traditional system of medicine that originated in India, and Kerala is known for its world-renowned Ayurvedic treatments. Visitors can experience various Ayurvedic spa treatments in Kovalam, such as massages, herbal baths, and other natural therapies.
- Temple Visits: Kovalam is home to several ancient temples, including the Padmanabhaswamy Temple, which is one of the most revered temples in Kerala. Visitors can explore these temples to experience the rich culture and traditions of the region.
- Backwater Cruises: Kerala is known for its serene backwaters, and visitors to Kovalam can enjoy a leisurely cruise on these waterways. During the cruise, visitors can witness the daily life of the locals and experience the natural beauty of the area.
- Cooking Classes: Kerala is famous for its delicious cuisine, which features a variety of spices, coconut, and seafood. Visitors can take cooking classes in Kovalam to learn how to prepare traditional Kerala dishes, such as fish curry, appam, and dosa.
- Music and Dance Workshops: Visitors can participate in music and dance workshops in Kovalam to learn more about the traditional music and dance forms of Kerala, such as Mohiniyattam, Thiruvathira, and Parichamuttukali.
These are just a few of the cultural activities that visitors can experience in Kovalam. There are many more opportunities to explore and learn about the rich culture and traditions of this beautiful region.
Kovalam is really a natural bay ideal for kayaking, swimming, surfing, and skiing. One can swim in the shallow blue h2o and have a sunbath under the exotic tropical sun. Apart from this, a number of other marine activities are possible right here. The local fishermen provide sunrise and sunset cruises in fishing boats. The Catamaran cruise, on the country raft, is very well-liked here. Some new activities like marine Angling for deep-sea fishing are also offered here.