Places To Visit In Hamirpur
Hamirpur, situated outside Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh was named after Katoch Raja Hamir Chanda. Due to its easy destinations and accessible wide roads, it attracts a lot of tourists, the wintertime is the best to visit here because the climate and conditions are favorable for tourism at this time, it is a quiet city situated amidst the mountains and its It is also a special thing that most of the people here contribute to the country, then I will tell you about this beautiful and attractive city where you can go during the journey.
1. Sujanpur Tehra
Sujanpur, situated on the banks of the Beas river, is an excellent place to adventure, where tourists can do adventures like trekking and rafting. Its Sujanpur Tehran, which is a good place to visit in Hamirpur, was also founded by the Katoch dynasty in 1748.
It is quite beautiful and attractive to see here, to see the fort of the Katoch dynasty, Narvadeshwar Mahadev Temple, Gaurishankar Temple, and Sainik School where you can see the might of soldiers. Due to the presence of a large number of temples, people of the Hindu religion reach here in large quantities.
Nadaun, 28 km away from Hamirpur, was established by the rulers of the Katoch dynasty as it is situated on the banks of the river Vyas, and fishing and related work can be done hereafter the Mughal emperor Jahangir attacked Hamirpur. She went.
Nadaun is a wonderful place to visit in Hamirpur, here you can see the Mahadev Temple and the old palace which shows the glorious history of Hamirpur, it is also the source of Mahabharata, which includes the temple of Bilkaleshwar Mahadev built by Pandavas, besides the Gurudwara here. Is located.
3. Baba Balak Nath Temple
This temple is also known as Teosiddha Temple, it is a very famous Hindu Dev place. This temple is situated at a distance of 45 km from Hamirpur, between the Dhaulagiri hills, during Chaitra month there is a big fair in Delhi, Punjab, and Devotees from Haryana, Chandigarh, Jammu, Kashmir, and Rajasthan come in large quantities to visit the temple on Sunday, it is considered the best.
4. Deotsidh Temple:
The Deotsidh Temple is a popular pilgrimage site in Hamirpur, dedicated to Baba Balak Nath. The temple is situated on a hilltop and offers a panoramic view of the surrounding areas. It is believed that Baba Balak Nath performed several miracles here, and the temple attracts a large number of devotees every year.
5. Awah Devi Temple:
Awah Devi Temple is a well-known temple in Hamirpur, dedicated to Goddess Durga. The temple is situated on a hilltop and offers a beautiful view of the surrounding areas. The temple is known for its intricate carvings and architecture, and it is a popular destination for pilgrims.
6. Hamirpur town:
Hamirpur is the headquarters of the district and is a hub of commercial activity. The town has several markets and shopping areas, where you can buy local handicrafts, clothes, and souvenirs. The town is also famous for its beautiful parks and gardens, and it is a great place to relax and unwind.
7. Naina Devi Temple:
Naina Devi Temple is a famous shrine in Hamirpur, dedicated to Goddess Durga. The temple is situated on a hilltop and offers a stunning view of the surrounding areas. The temple is known for its beautiful architecture and is a popular destination for pilgrims.
8. Tira Sujanpur Wildlife Sanctuary:
The Tira Sujanpur Wildlife Sanctuary is a protected area in Hamirpur, known for its diverse flora and fauna. The sanctuary is home to several species of animals, including leopards, barking deer, and sambar. The sanctuary is also famous for its beautiful landscapes and offers an excellent opportunity for nature lovers to explore the natural beauty of the region.
9. Tauni Devi Temple:
Tauni Devi Temple is a well-known temple in Hamirpur, situated on a hilltop. The temple is dedicated to Goddess Durga and is a popular pilgrimage site for Hindus. The temple is known for its beautiful architecture and intricate carvings, and it attracts a large number of devotees every year.
10. Beas River:
The Beas river is one of the major rivers in Himachal Pradesh and passes through Hamirpur. The river is a popular destination for rafting and other water sports. The river is also famous for its beautiful landscapes and offers an excellent opportunity for nature lovers to explore the region.
11. Chamera Lake:
Chamera Lake is a beautiful lake situated in the Chamba district, close to Hamirpur. The lake offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and is a popular destination for boating and other water sports. The lake is surrounded by beautiful forests and is a great place to relax and unwind.
Things to do
Here are some things to do in Hamirpur:
- Visit the historical sites: Hamirpur is a district with a rich history and is home to several ancient forts, temples, and palaces. Visiting these sites can give you a glimpse of the district’s past and its cultural significance.
- Enjoy nature: Hamirpur is blessed with natural beauty, and there are several places where you can enjoy nature. The Beas river and Chamera lake are popular destinations for water sports, while the Tira Sujanpur Wildlife Sanctuary is perfect for nature lovers.
- Attend local festivals: Hamirpur is a district with a rich cultural heritage, and several festivals are celebrated throughout the year. Attending these festivals can give you an insight into the local culture and traditions.
- Shop for local handicrafts: Hamirpur is known for its local handicrafts, including shawls, carpets, and wooden carvings. You can visit local markets and shops to buy these handicrafts and take a piece of Hamirpur back with you.
- Try local cuisine: Himachal Pradesh is known for its delicious cuisine, and Hamirpur is no exception. You can try local delicacies such as dham, siddu, and kadhi chawal at local restaurants and dhabas.
- Trekking: Hamirpur has several trekking trails that offer breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. You can go trekking in the Dhauladhar range or explore the Shivalik hills.
- Explore Hamirpur town: Hamirpur town is a bustling commercial center with several markets and shopping areas. You can explore the town, visit local parks and gardens, and take a break from your daily routine.
- Attend a yoga retreat: Hamirpur is a peaceful district with several yoga retreats and wellness centers. You can attend a yoga retreat and rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul.
- Visit a tea plantation: Hamirpur is known for its tea plantations, and you can visit one of the plantations to learn about the tea-making process and enjoy a cup of fresh tea.
- Volunteer: Hamirpur has several NGOs and community organizations that work towards the betterment of society. You can volunteer at one of these organizations and make a positive impact on the community.
How to reach
Hamirpur is well-connected to major cities in Himachal Pradesh and the neighboring states. Here are some ways to reach Hamirpur:
- By Air: The nearest airport to Hamirpur is Gaggal Airport in Kangra, which is about 85 km away. You can take a taxi or a bus from the airport to reach Hamirpur.
- By Train: The nearest railway station to Hamirpur is Una, which is about 80 km away. Una is well-connected to major cities in India, and you can take a taxi or a bus from the railway station to reach Hamirpur.
- By Road: Hamirpur is well-connected to major cities in Himachal Pradesh and the neighboring states by road. You can take a bus or a taxi from Shimla, Chandigarh, Delhi, or other nearby cities to reach Hamirpur.
- Self-Drive: If you have your vehicle, you can drive to Hamirpur. The roads are well-maintained, and the drive is scenic. You can rent a car from nearby cities or hire a taxi from Hamirpur.
It is important to note that the roads to Hamirpur can be challenging, especially during the monsoon season or winter months when the weather can be unpredictable. It is recommended to check the weather conditions before you plan your trip.
Where to Stay
Hamirpur offers a range of accommodation options for travelers with different budgets and preferences. Here are some places to stay in Hamirpur:
- Hotels: There are several hotels in Hamirpur that offer comfortable and affordable accommodation. Some popular options include Hotel Hamir, Hotel New Adarsh, and Hotel Vrindavan.
- Resorts: If you’re looking for a luxurious and comfortable stay, you can opt for one of the resorts in Hamirpur. Some popular options include Surya Mountain Resort, Hotel Sagarika Resort, and Pong View Hotel.
- Guesthouses: Guesthouses are a great option if you’re looking for a homely and affordable stay. Some popular guesthouses in Hamirpur include Sheesh Mahal Guest House and Jai Mata Di Guest House.
- Homestays: Hamirpur offers several homestay options where you can stay with a local family and experience their culture and way of life. Some popular homestays include Rajput Homestay and Thakur Homestay.
- Camping: Hamirpur offers several camping options for nature lovers. You can camp near the Beas river or in the Tira Sujanpur Wildlife Sanctuary.
It is recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially during the peak season. You can book your stay through online travel websites or contact the accommodation provider directly.
The Conclusion For Places To Visit In Hamirpur
The number of places to visit in Hamirpur is small but all the places introduce you to some glorious places and for adventure, it is also a good place to visit a quiet city in the hills.
What is famous in Hamirpur?
The following place is famous in the quiet town of Hamirpur, situated amidst the hills.
Why is Hamirpur famous?
Hamirpur is a beautiful tourist destination, its climate and conditions are quite favorable and pleasant, apart from this, The history of the Katoch dynasty of Kangra is also seen here.
How far is it from Delhi to Hamirpur?
The journey from Delhi to Hamirpur is 443km long.
There is snow in Hamirpur
Hamirpur is a cool area. The climate is very favorable during winter but there is no snowfall.
far is it from Chandigarh to Hamirpur
It is 183km from Chandigarh to Hamirpur.