Ramakrishna Beach is a popular beach located in the city of Visakhapatnam in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is named after the famous Hindu saint, Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, and is also known as RK Beach.
The beach is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike, with its golden sand, clear blue waters, and picturesque scenery. The beach is known for its long shoreline, which is ideal for taking long walks and enjoying the views of the sea. There are also several food stalls and vendors selling local delicacies, as well as shops selling handicrafts and souvenirs.
One of the most popular attractions on Ramakrishna Beach is the Submarine Museum, which is located on the beach itself. The museum is housed inside a decommissioned submarine, and visitors can explore the various sections of the submarine and learn about its history and operation.
Another popular attraction on the beach is the Kali Temple, which is located on a hill overlooking the sea. The temple is dedicated to the goddess Kali, and is a popular place of worship for locals and visitors alike.
Overall, Ramakrishna Beach is a must-visit destination in Visakhapatnam, offering a unique blend of natural beauty, cultural attractions, and recreational activities.
Place: Ramakrishna Beach front is located around the Vishakhapatnam coast in Andhra Pradesh, India.
Touring Seasons: August to October and January to March
Airways: Vishakhapatnam has an airport. Indian Airlines flies to Vishakhapatnam every day from Mumbai, Kolkatta, Hyderabad, and Chennai.
Rail Strains: Vishakhapatnam may be the center point for that trains likely in between Chennai and Howrah and Howrah and Secunderabad. It truly is effectively linked by rail to all the critical places in and outdoors the condition.
Bus Lines: NH 5 (Howrah to Chennai) passes through Vishakhapatnam. The Vishakhapatnam to Steel Plant – Anakapalli Road is the most modern-day four Line Highway spans 45 km. The APSRTC runs buses and private buses connect major metropolitan areas from the state as well as the towns within the neighboring states of Orissa and Madhya Pradesh with Vishakhapatnam.
Charming Spots near Ramakrishna Beach
Kailasagiri is positioned on a hilltop and is often a ought to go to destination for vacationers going to Vishakhapatnam. The charismatic hill to the seafront, affords a bewildering scenic view, especially in direction of Bheemunipatnam.
Indira Gandhi Zoological Park
The Indira Gandhi Zoological Park is situated in Vishakhapatnam amidst the charming jap ghats of India, bounded by hills on both sides and the Bay of Bengal to the east. Ananthagiri Hills
Anantagiri is actually a breathtakingly gorgeous resort sheltered inside the lush undulating ranges in the Jap Ghats. It truly is regarded as to become an ideal head-off to get away through the blistering summer months. The Ananthagiri hills are within the way to Araku Valley and are famous for coffee plantations.
About 16-km from Vishakhapatnam is Simhachalam, renowned for that temple of Sri Varaha Lakshminarasimha. This historic temple has some intricate piece of architecture.
About 25-km from Vishakhapatnam is Bheemunipatnam. Probably the most vital aspect of interest in the location is the seaside, which is perhaps matchless for its magnificence all along the east shore.
Vishakhapatnam is definitely a crucial shipbuilding center; the initial steamer to become built-in India was launched in Vishakhapatnam’s harbor in 1948. Vishakhapatnam’s port has grown greatly in significance due to the fact it has the only secured harbor about the Coromandel Coastline.
Oceanic actions refer to various activities and initiatives that are aimed at protecting and preserving the world’s oceans and marine ecosystems. Here are some examples of oceanic actions:
- Beach Cleanups: Regular beach cleanups are a great way to remove litter and debris from beaches and prevent them from entering the ocean.
- Marine Protected Areas: Marine protected areas (MPAs) are designated areas of the ocean where human activity is restricted to protect marine ecosystems and species.
- Sustainable Fishing Practices: Adopting sustainable fishing practices, such as avoiding overfishing and bycatch, can help preserve marine ecosystems and ensure the long-term viability of fish stocks.
- Reduction of Plastic Pollution: Plastic pollution is a significant threat to ocean health. Reducing the use of single-use plastics and properly disposing of plastic waste can help reduce plastic pollution.
- Research and Education: Conducting research on marine ecosystems and educating the public on oceanic issues can help increase awareness and understanding of the importance of protecting and preserving the oceans.
- Carbon Reduction: Addressing climate change and reducing carbon emissions is critical to protecting marine ecosystems from the impacts of climate change, such as ocean acidification and rising sea levels.
- Collaboration and Cooperation: Collaboration and cooperation among governments, organizations, and individuals are crucial to achieving effective oceanic actions and addressing the complex challenges facing the world’s oceans.
Things to do
There are many things to do at Ramakrishna Beach in Visakhapatnam. Here are some of the popular activities and attractions:
- Relax on the Beach: Ramakrishna Beach is a great place to relax and soak up the sun. The beach has clean sand, clear waters, and plenty of space to spread out and enjoy the view.
- Take a Dip in the Sea: The waters of the Bay of Bengal are perfect for swimming, and there are lifeguards on duty during the day to ensure safety.
- Visit the Submarine Museum: The Submarine Museum is a unique attraction located on the beach. Visitors can explore the decommissioned submarine and learn about its history and operation.
- Take a Walk on the Promenade: The beach has a long promenade that is perfect for taking a leisurely stroll. There are also several parks and gardens along the promenade.
- Visit the Kali Temple: The Kali Temple is a popular place of worship for locals and visitors alike. The temple is located on a hill overlooking the sea and offers great views of the beach.
- Enjoy Local Cuisine: There are several food stalls and vendors selling local delicacies such as bhel puri, pav bhaji, and masala corn.
- Shop for Handicrafts and Souvenirs: There are several shops along the beach that sell handicrafts and souvenirs such as seashell jewelry, wooden toys, and traditional clothing.
- Watch the Sunset: The beach is a great place to watch the sunset over the sea. The view is spectacular and not to be missed.
Lodging on Ramakrishna Beach
There are many lodging options available near Ramakrishna Beach in Visakhapatnam. Here are some of the popular choices:
- Novotel Visakhapatnam Varun Beach: This luxury hotel is located on the beachfront and offers stunning views of the Bay of Bengal. The hotel features spacious rooms and suites, a swimming pool, a spa, and several dining options.
- The Gateway Hotel Beach Road: This hotel is located just a short walk from the beach and features comfortable rooms and suites, an outdoor pool, a fitness center, and a restaurant.
- Daspalla Executive Court: This hotel is located near the beach and features comfortable rooms and suites, a restaurant, and a bar.
- Hotel Green Apple: This budget hotel is located just a short walk from the beach and features clean and comfortable rooms, as well as a restaurant.
- Haritha Beach Resort: This resort is located right on the beach and offers comfortable rooms, a restaurant, and a bar.
- Best Western Ramachandra: This hotel is located a short drive from the beach and features comfortable rooms and suites, a restaurant, a bar, and a fitness center.
These are just a few of the many lodging options available near Ramakrishna Beach. Visitors can choose from a wide range of accommodations to suit their preferences and budget.