Rishikesh Tourism – Everything you need to Know before you travel Rishikesh
The Yoga and Adventure Capital of India – Rishikesh, can be your perfect holiday destination. It has a lot to offer you: exciting adventures, sports, a peaceful environment, ultimate yoga, ayurveda secrets, and whatnot. A holiday in Rishikesh can combine spiritual and adventurous experiences altogether. One should try camping and river rafting in Rishikesh once in their lifetime. Rishikesh would not disappoint you at all, and one can opt to travel to this destination without second thoughts.
Rishikesh, the holy pilgrimage town for Hindus, was a part of the “Kedarkhand,” as mentioned in the Skanda Purana. It derives its name from lord Vishnu. It is the home to major ancient temples such as Shatrughna Mandir, Bharat Mandir, and Lakshman Mandir, established by Adi Shankracharya.
The adventure capital of “India,” Rishikesh, is popular for the activities below, which draw thousands of tourists annually.
- Rafting on the Ganga river:
Rafting on the Ganga River in Rishikesh can be an enthralling experience for anyone. Rishikesh offers three rafting points, namely Brahmapuri to Ram Jhula (8km), Shivpuri to Lakshman Jhula (16km), and Marine Drive to Lakshman Jhula (26km). You can opt for any stretch based on the difficulty level you can resist.
Camping in Rishikesh:
Rishikesh is the best place to enjoy one of the exhilarating experiences across India. October to June is the best time to go camping in Rishikesh. Two main belts for camping in Rishikesh are Shivpuri and Neelkanth Roads. If you love the buzz, DJ, and music, then Shivpuri is the ideal choice. However, if you want serenity, lush greenery, and luxury, Neelkanth road should be the perfect place for camping in Rishikesh. Both campsites have a total of 250 campsites to host your stay. So if You plan your trip to Rishikesh, don’t forget to add camping to your list for the best thrill and adventure.
- Bungee Jumping:
Shivpuri is your perfect destination in Rishikesh if you are looking out for a memorable bungee jumping experience. You will jump from a height of 120 m, the highest bungee jump in India.
Popular Tourists Attractions in Rishikesh:
- Mohan Chatti: Mohan Chatti is a famous location at a distance of 22 km from the main town of Rishikesh. You can also participate in various adventure activities/sports here, other than Shivpuri.
- Neer Garh Waterfall: Neer Garh Waterfall is a famous tourist attraction in Rishikesh. Trekking to this beautiful waterfall can be a fun and exciting experience.
- Shivpuri: Shivpuri is the hub of adventures in Rishikesh, located 10 km from the main city. You can enjoy adventure activities such as bungee jumping, river rafting, cliff jumping, rock climbing, beach camping, and so much more.
- Devprayag: Devprayag is a famous location for witnessing the confluence of the Alaknanda and Bhagirathi rivers. You should visit this Panch Prayag located in Rishikesh.
- Neelkanth Mahadev Temple: Neel Kanth Mahadev Temple is one of the most popular tourist attractions of Rishikesh. Dedicated to lord Shiva, devotees come here from all over the World to offer their prayers.
Must Things to do in Rishikesh:
- Attending Ganga Aarti: Experiencing the Ganga Aarti at the Triveni Ghat in Rishikesh is one of the best things you can do here. You will be filled with positivity and calmness.
- Adventure activities: Rishikesh is the hub for adventure sports in India. Here, participate in bungee jumping, river rafting, paragliding, giant swinging, etc.
- Shopping in Rishikesh: Shopping in Rishikesh is fun and a must to do experience. Shop for souvenirs for your loved ones from famous markets such as Shyampur Haat Bazaar, Lakshman Jhula Market, and Gole Market.
- Try famous dishes/cuisine: Do not forget to try some authentic flavors of Rishikesh. Pannu, Chainsoo, Ras Thhatwani, Arsa, and Jhangoora ki Kheer are some of the most famous dishes of Rishikesh.
- Try Yoga and Ayurveda: Participate in Yoga and Ayurveda in Rishikesh. It will help you detoxify and rejuvenate yourself.
Stay in Rishikesh:
Staying in Rishikesh can be quite affordable and comfortable. Rishikesh offers you budget-friendly options such as hostels and luxurious stay options like resorts. Holy Water, Ganga Kinare, Sterling Palm Bliss, Yog Niketan, and Live Free Hostel are some of the best accommodation options for travel to Rishikesh.
How to Reach Rishikesh:
- By Road: You can travel to Rishikesh very easily by road. This is one of the most inexpensive and comfortable ways to travel to Rishikesh. You can travel by any private or government bus service or your own private vehicle.
- By Rail: The nearest railway station to Rishikesh is located in Haridwar at a distance of 25 km from the main city. You can reach Rishikesh by bus or cab from the Railway Station in Haridwar.
- By Air: Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun is the nearest Airport to Rishikesh. It is located at a distance of 35 km from Rishikesh. You can also reach Rishikesh from Delhi Airport, the second nearest to the city.