Rocky Mountain National Park
As I mentioned the other day, we are currently on a long road trip. One place that was on the list that we must visit was Rocky Mountain National Park. I have seen pictures of this national park before, and it is one of the top national parks in the United States for a reason. There is a lot of beauty to see here!
There are two distinct and very different regions at this national park. The western side of Rocky Mountain National Park consists of many forests and it is wetter. The eastern side of the national park contains valleys and beautiful views. If you can only make it to one side, you will not be disappointed though, both sides are supposed to be wonderful and beautiful.
What is there to do at The National Park?
National Park has 415 square miles of beauty around its amazing and gigantic mountains. This means that there are plenty of things for you to do when you are at this national park:
- There are over 300 miles of trails for you to enjoy. You can hike, backpack, ride a horse, and bike ride. Some of the trails are easy (such as the beginner trails named Bierstadt Lake, Lily Mountains, and Emerald Lake), whereas others are extremely hard and only expert hikers should be on these, such as the “Mummy Kill.” For the harder hikes, it is said that you should have a lot of experience hiking and know what you are doing.
- You can join a Ranger Led Program to learn about the national park. There are also Junior Ranger programs that you can join as well.
- Take a fun drive through the national park and see everything from the comfort of your car.
- See all of the beautiful animals that call this national park their home.
- Camp in one of the campgrounds located within the national park. Some of the campgrounds include Glacier Basin Campground, Longs Peak Campground, Aspenglen Campground, and Moraine Park Campground.
- You can picnic in the national park and sit back and enjoy the natural beauty.
How is the weather at Rocky Mountain National Park?
The weather at this national park consists of the normal four seasons. In the summer, there are warm temperatures between 70 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit each day. The winter usually means snow and freezing temperatures.
How do I get to Rocky Mountain National Park?
This national park is located in the counties of Larimer, Boulder, and Grand in the state of Colorado.
Getting to this national park is fairly easy. You can get here by car, rental car, the Estes Park Shuttle, and my plane. The closest airport is the Denver International Airport which is about 2 hours away from Rocky Mountain National Park.
How much does it cost to go to Rocky Mountain National Park?
If you have decided that you want to visit Rocky Mountain National Park, then you should know that there is a fee to enter.
If you are in a private car, the fee is $25. If you are traveling by walking or by biking, then your fee is $15 for each person. Each is good for seven days.
If you have a National Park Pass (these are $100 and I highly recommend buying one), then your fee is free because it is included in your National Park Pass.