Tajpur Travel Guide 2023 – Tajpur Resort
Tajpur is a small seaside village located in the East Midnapore district of the Indian state of West Bengal. It is known for its pristine beaches and serene surroundings, making it a popular destination for tourists and locals alike. It is also famous for its red crabs, which can only be found in this region. Tajpur is well-connected by road and is accessible from Kolkata, the capital of West Bengal. The best time to visit Tajpur is from October to March when the weather is pleasant and the sea is calm.
Some popular activities to do in Tajpur are:
- Beach activities – Tajpur is famous for its long, wide, and clean beaches, making it ideal for activities like sunbathing, swimming, and water sports.
- Sightseeing – Visitors can visit the nearby fishing villages and see the local fishermen at work. The views of the Bay of Bengal from the beach are also a must-see.
- Wildlife Watching – Tajpur is home to several species of migratory birds and rare species of marine animals, making it an ideal spot for bird watching and marine life observation.
- Nature Walks – The surrounding areas of Tajpur are covered with dense forests and mangroves, making it ideal for nature walks and trekking.
- Yoga and Meditation – The calm and serene surroundings of Tajpur are ideal for practicing yoga and meditation.
- Local Shopping – Tajpur is famous for its handicrafts and local souvenirs, and visitors can purchase these at the local markets and shops.
- Food Tasting – Tajpur is known for its seafood and visitors can sample various dishes made with fresh seafood at the local restaurants.
How to reach
Tajpur can be reached by the following modes of transportation:
- By Air – The nearest airport to Tajpur is the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport in Kolkata, which is approximately 140 km away. From the airport, one can take a taxi or a bus to reach Tajpur.
- By Train – The nearest railway station to Tajpur is the Haldia Railway Station, which is approximately 40 km away. From the railway station, one can take a taxi or a bus to reach Tajpur.
- By Bus – Tajpur is well connected by road and one can take a direct bus from Kolkata to reach Tajpur. Buses run regularly from the Esplanade bus stand in Kolkata to Tajpur.
- By Car – Tajpur is well connected by road and one can take a private car from Kolkata to reach Tajpur. The journey takes approximately 3 hours by car.
Note: It is advisable to avoid traveling during monsoons as the roads may be affected by heavy rains.
Best time to visit
The best time to visit Tajpur is from October to March. During this time, the weather is pleasant and the sea is calm, making it ideal for beach activities and sightseeing. The temperatures during this time range from 20°C to 30°C, making it comfortable for outdoor activities.
Visitors should avoid visiting Tajpur during the monsoons (July to September) as the sea can be rough and the weather can be unpredictable. The humidity levels are also high during this time, making it uncomfortable for outdoor activities.
There are several attractions near Tajpur that visitors can explore:
- Mandarmani – A popular seaside town located about 20 km from Tajpur, known for its long and wide beach and water sports activities.
- Digha – Another popular seaside town located about 30 km from Tajpur, famous for its scenic beach, sea-facing hotels and local seafood.
- Udaypur Beach – A quiet and secluded beach located about 15 km from Tajpur, known for its peaceful surroundings and clear waters.
- Shankarpur Beach – Another quiet and secluded beach located about 25 km from Tajpur, known for its scenic beauty and ideal for fishing and bird watching.
- Jambudwip Island – A small island located about 35 km from Tajpur, famous for its mangrove forests and rare species of birds.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Tajpur:
- Is Tajpur safe for tourists?
Yes, Tajpur is generally considered safe for tourists. However, visitors should take necessary precautions and be aware of their surroundings, especially while visiting isolated areas.
- Is there any public transportation available in Tajpur?
Yes, there are local buses and taxis available in Tajpur for transportation. Visitors can also hire a private car for their travels.
- Are there any good restaurants in Tajpur?
Yes, there are several restaurants and eateries in Tajpur that serve fresh seafood and local dishes. Visitors can sample the local cuisine at the local restaurants.
- Are there any activities for children in Tajpur?
Yes, there are several activities for children in Tajpur, such as beach activities, wildlife watching, and nature walks. Children can also explore nearby attractions such as Botanical Gardens and Victoria Memorial Hall.
- Are there any good accommodations in Tajpur?
Yes, there are several hotels and resorts in Tajpur, ranging from budget to luxury options. Visitors can choose accommodations that suit their preferences and budget.
- Is it safe to swim in the sea in Tajpur?
Yes, it is generally safe to swim in the sea in Tajpur, however, visitors should exercise caution and be aware of the local conditions, such as tide and sea conditions.
Tajpur has several resorts that offer comfortable stays for visitors. Some of the popular resorts in Tajpur are:
- The Nook Resorts – A luxury resort located in the heart of Tajpur, offering luxurious rooms, private beaches, and a wide range of recreational activities.
- The Tajpur Resort – A budget-friendly resort located near the beach, offering comfortable rooms and various beach activities.
- The Oceanic Resorts – A mid-range resort located near the beach, offering spacious rooms and a variety of outdoor activities.
- The Wild Honey Resorts – An eco-friendly resort located in the surrounding forests of Tajpur, offering comfortable rooms and various nature-based activities.
- The Blissful Bay Resorts – A beachfront resort located on the shores of Tajpur, offering luxurious rooms and a variety of beach activities.
Visitors can choose a resort that suits their preferences and budget and enjoy a comfortable and relaxing stay in Tajpur.