Tourist Places in Varanasi
Top 7 Tourist Places in Varanasi
Varanasi, otherwise called Kashi and Banaras is a standout amongst the most antiquated and religious cities in India. The city is very much situated on the banks of the blessed stream Ganga in the province of Uttar Pradesh. A few voyagers around the globe come here consistently to visit this astonishing city. There are such huge numbers of Tourist Places in Varanasi here that make it very hard to enroll in the best goals.
This Ghat is viewed as the ruler of all Ghats. It is the best and most well known Ghats of Kashi. Both national and worldwide sightseers are seen here around the year. Ganga Aarti is the most worth watch action of Varanasi. Individuals frequently come here to discover peace from various parts of the nation.
Kashi Vishwanath Mandir
Kashi VishwanathMandir is one of the most established sanctuaries in India. It is additionally one of the 12 jyotirlingas. It is situated close to the banks of stream Ganga. The sanctuary is viewed as extraordinary compared to other spots to adore in India. The Vishwanath Gali has a ton of bangles and gem retailers. It prompts the sanctuary and is justified regardless of a watch.
Sarnath is found only 13 km from Varanasi city. It is a similar place where Gautam Buddha instructed the lesson of Dharma. Sarnath is extremely delightful and is one of the appealing Tourist Places in Varanasi. Different landmarks (sanctuaries, stupas, columns, icons and so forth) of antiquated interests are available in Sarnath.
Tulsi Manas Temple
Tulsi Manas Temple is a standout amongst the most wonderful sanctuaries in the city. The principle sanctum of this sanctuary has a place with Lord Rama and Sita. The sanctuary is worked of white marble. The dividers of the sanctuary are completely engraved with sacred writings of Ramayana. Voyagers frequently visit this sanctuary to see Indian spiritual culture.
Banaras Hindu University
BHU is one of the finest colleges in India. The University is truly outstanding in all fields of Science, Commerce, and Arts. The college comprises of a lovely grounds of Kashi Vishwanath sanctuary as well. It is known to be the biggest college as far as understudies private. Visitors love to enter this college for peace and unwinding of the psyche.
Sankat Mochan Hanuman Temple
Sankat Mochan is the sanctuary of Lord Hanumana. The sanctuary is arranged close to the acclaimed AssiGhat. It is believed that this sanctuary has some phenomenal powers and Lord Hanuman satisfies the greater part of the desires of the enthusiasts. The sanctuary is completely pressed with the enthusiasts on Tuesdays. Numerous sightseers around the globe visit the sanctuary for satisfying their desires. It is one of the old sanctuaries of town and one of the best Tourist Places in Varanasi.
This fortification is situated in Ramnagar close Varanasi. The fortification lies opposite to Tulsi Ghat and on the sideways of stream Ganga. In spite of the fact that the stronghold isn’t in its best condition these days yet at the same time, voyagers love to go there to appreciate both authentic and normal feel. It additionally comprises a gallery. Different celebrations are praised here consistently. This post is likewise a site for film shootings.
Things to do in Varanasi
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple: It is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and is one of the most sacred shrines in India. The temple is located in the heart of Varanasi and is considered one of the 12 Jyotirlingas, or shrines of Lord Shiva.
- Ghats along the Ganges River: Ghats are a series of steps leading down to the river Ganges and are used for bathing, washing, and performing religious rituals. The Ghats of Varanasi are famous for their spiritual significance and offer a unique insight into the local culture and daily life.
- Sarnath: It is a Buddhist pilgrimage site and the place where Buddha delivered his first sermon after gaining enlightenment. It is located 10 km from Varanasi and is home to several important monuments, including the Dhamekh Stupa and the Chaukhandi Stupa.
- Ganga Aarti ceremony: It is a Hindu ritual performed daily at sunset along the Ghats of the Ganges River. The ceremony involves the lighting of lamps and offerings to the river, accompanied by prayers and devotional songs.
- Boat ride on the Ganges River: A boat ride on the Ganges River offers a unique perspective on the Ghats and the city of Varanasi. It is a peaceful and serene experience, and a great way to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Banaras Hindu University campus: It is one of India’s largest universities and is located in Varanasi. The campus is spread over 1,300 acres and is home to several important institutions, including the Bharat Kala Bhavan Museum and the Central Hindu College.
- Old city: The old city of Varanasi is a maze of narrow lanes and alleys, dotted with temples, Ghats, and local markets. It is a fascinating place to explore and offers a glimpse into the city’s rich history and cultural heritage.
- Durga Temple: It is a Hindu temple dedicated to the goddess Durga and is located in the old city of Varanasi. The temple is known for its intricate carvings and is a popular place of worship for locals.
- Ramnagar Fort: It is a fort located on the eastern bank of the Ganges River, across from Varanasi. The fort was built in the 18th century and is now a museum displaying the rich cultural heritage of the region.
- Shopping: Varanasi is famous for its silk and handicrafts, and shopping in the local markets is a must-do activity. The city is also known for its brassware, wooden toys, and other traditional crafts.
How to reach Varanasi
Varanasi can be reached by several modes of transportation:
- By Air: Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport is the nearest airport to Varanasi, located about 26 km from the city center. Direct flights are available from major cities in India, including Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bangalore.
- By Train: Varanasi has its own railway station, Varanasi Junction, which is well connected to major cities in India. Trains from Delhi, Kolkata, and Mumbai are available.
- By Road: Varanasi is well connected by road and is located on National Highway 2, which connects it to major cities in India. Buses are available from cities such as Delhi, Agra, Lucknow, and Kolkata.
- By River: Varanasi is also accessible by river and has a river port, which is connected to cities such as Kolkata and Patna. However, this mode of transportation is not very popular and limited to certain times of the year.
Best time to visit Varanasi
The best time to visit Varanasi is between October and March, during the winter months, when the weather is pleasant and cool. During this time, the temperature ranges from 10°C to 20°C, making it ideal for sightseeing and outdoor activities. The weather is dry and the skies are clear, making it the perfect time to explore the city and its many attractions.
However, it is important to note that Varanasi is a popular destination all year round, and the Ghats and the river Ganges are always bustling with activity. The monsoon season, from July to September, can be avoided as the heavy rainfall can make it difficult to explore the city and its attractions.
Stay here by the hotel
Varanasi has a range of accommodation options to suit different budgets and preferences. Some popular hotels in the city include:
- The Gateway Hotel Ganges: A 5-star hotel located on the banks of the Ganges River, offering luxurious rooms and river-facing views.
- The Nadesar Palace: A heritage hotel set in a 19th-century palace, offering elegant rooms and a beautiful garden.
- The Taj Ganges: A 5-star hotel located in the heart of the city, offering comfortable rooms and a range of facilities.
- Hotel Surya: A budget-friendly hotel located in the heart of the city, offering simple but comfortable rooms.
- The BrijRama Palace: A heritage hotel set in a 19th-century palace, offering luxurious rooms and a beautiful garden.
- The Hotel Alka: A budget-friendly hotel located in the heart of the city, offering simple but comfortable rooms.
These are just a few options, and there are many more hotels, guesthouses, and homestays available in Varanasi to suit different budgets and preferences. It is advisable to book in advance, especially during peak tourist season.