Marine Drive Mumbai- the queen’s necklace
The Marine Drive Mumbai is actually a long concrete road along the coastline that makes it call marine drive. The coastline along the sea has created the shape of C or semi circle just like a necklace. That is why it is also named as “queen’s necklace. Necklace as the street light at night seems to glow like diamond when viewed from an elevated point. It is situated in south Mumbai and is connected with Nariman point. It is at the base of Malabar hill and locals call it Sonapur. People from all over the city come here to enjoy a walkway and watch the beautiful view of the sunset. You can experience an enthralling beauty of the sea that is lined with palm trees along the shore.
A place of major events
Marine drive is the biggest viewing gallery in the whole world. A number of major events have occurred in the past years in this particular street. IAF Air show, Bombay Marathon, French Festival are some of these events.
Real estate value
- Marine drive is the place where the famous hotel Oberoi is situated accompanied with many other notable restaurants.
- It is a premier residential location where you can spot houses of numerous celebrities.
- When this place comes to real estate value it is in fourth position in the whole world.
Activities you can enjoy
- It is treat for everyone and every time during the day you could enjoy the shining view of water, perform beach activities, sight seen and at evening the place offers you to stroll around and spend romantic time or have a short picnic with different foods from all around shops. At night it becomes a twinkling galaxy offering series of roadside food.
- Chowpatti beach at the north end point of Marine drive is a good location to explore due to its markets and meals. Sunday evening is very busy at his beach where you can find many salesman selling best foods and snacks. Ganesh chaturthi is the most suitable day when this place enjoys at its most.
- You can visit the art deco buildings spotted along the road and taste the famous delicious street food of Mumbai specially
- This place is definitely a perfect time pass location for people of all ages. There is also a park called Nana- Nani Park for the elder people that have been formed recently. This place is a part of the famous Mumbai skyline. Recreation activities and cooperate centers is an added feature of the place.
The road that passes along the marine drive is known as Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose road. It is the road that connects Nariman point to Babulnath. Mumbai is a famous city in the southern India and offers a wide range of tourist attraction suitable for you band fits in any budget. Hotels are found in a great number starting from low cost budget hotels at this time in 1000 INR per night. And if you choose to stay in air conditioned hotels then it5 starts from 3000 INR. The transportation system is very accessible and reaching your destination would not be a hassle.
How to reach Marine Drive Mumbai
Marine Drive Mumbai is the most notable point of attraction in Mumbai. The nearest railway stations are marine lines and church gate located at the southern tip of Mumbai. You can reach the spot from any of these two stations by covering a distance of 1 km on foot. Hiring cabs are easy or else you can use your private car and park it at the Boulevard. Bus options are also there i.e. Bus no. 138 and 123 regularly run from Marine drive from Church gate and CSMT stations.
So now you have come to know about it. Then do not compromise with money and time to keep yourself away and experiencing the tourist points of Mumbai. Treat your eyes with the magical beauty of Arabian Sea and taste the amazing foods of the city. The view of the promenade is really impressive after dark and although the place remains crowded most of the time you can find your own way space gazing at the stars for hours.