Osho Ashram- the international mediation resort in Pune
Located in Koregaon park road in Pune, Osho Ashram is a famous meditation center globally. People from all over the world are found to take training in this Ashram. The founder of this extraordinary organization is the late Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh who is known to all as Osho. While he was alive he fought against the ordinary ideas of human life. He was disrespected at many places, but his ideologies were much favored outside India. Then at his final stage of life he created this ashram in Pune and it was well-established. Gradually after his death in 1990, the ashram continued to attract lots of devotees from Europe and America. The main feature of the ashram is to work on different meditation programs for improving intelligence and awareness.
Osho ashram is based on modern mediation techniques blended with ancient procedures. The technique involves opening up the mind and merging with the flow that life brings to us. The ashram mainly focuses on the well-being of human psychology. Osho knew the structure of the human mind very well and that there are many deep-rooted dreams in all of us. He insisted on following his dreams and not suppressing it. We should try to know ourselves and peep inside our own hearts to look into our deep desires. It is a clear note that most of the problems in our life arise from unsatisfied sex. According to Osho, sex is the liveliest ingredient of our life that keeps us alive. Above all, we all should love ourselves, and then we will find that others too love us. This Ashram of Osho is a resort of free will first, and meditation second. You can unlock a new dimension of life after entering the ashram here.
The ashram is favored by foreigners more than the Indians. That is why you can see the majority of non-Indians practicing the meditation technique. Entering there is not free and a ticket of 1500 INR is required to get inside. There are certain procedures you need to follow to stay there. A blood test for HIV would be done prior to entering. Moreover, you need to follow some dress codes, a red dress at the daytime and white in the evening. You can reach the ashram resort after walking a distance of 1 km along a tiled path within greeneries. The opening hours are from 6 to 9 in the morning and then 7 to 10 in the afternoon. Photography is not inside the complex.
Reaching there is not as tough as there is a railway station and an airport in the close vicinity in Pune. From the railhead and airport, you will get cabs and taxis to reach the spot very comfortably. After reaching the ashram complex, you need to walk along the path lined by leaves. Tourists need to fill up the application form, submit photographs and pass the HIV tests before checking in at the ashram.
Things to see and do
- The Osho Ashram or the Osho International meditation resort is open to all those who want to experience the utmost meaning of life.
- There is the Samadhi of Osho in the ashram complex where the ashes of guruji are kept.
- The main attraction in the ashram is Osho Teerth Park spread over 12 acres of former wasteland. It is a well-designed garden that serves as a place for spending quality time in a peaceful manner.
- Meditation techniques are different for different people and it would be determined by the masters.
- Multiple packages are there starting from single-day to thirty-day courses.
There is an allegory regarding the Osho Ashram. People believe that some sort of illegal sexual activity is performed inside the ashram. But this is not the real fact. Everything is positive inside the resort. You will be given to perform different exercises before sitting for meditation. Buddhist technique of meditation is followed too. Your mind would be calm and peaceful following the procedures. So do not hesitate to go to the ashram. Osho has done a great job in bringing out the real essence of life through unique methods that would decrease anxiety and depression.
Osho Ashram History
The Osho Ashram, also known as the Osho International Meditation Resort, is a spiritual commune and resort located in Pune, India. It was founded in 1974 by the Indian spiritual teacher Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, who later became known as Osho. The ashram was designed to be a place where people could come to meditate and seek spiritual enlightenment.
During the 1970s and 1980s, the ashram became a major center for spirituality and personal growth, attracting thousands of visitors from around the world. However, it also generated controversy due to its unconventional practices, such as the use of drugs and sexual therapies, which were seen as scandalous by some and as innovative by others.
In the 1980s, Osho moved to the United States and established a new commune in Oregon, which was also the subject of controversy and legal battles. He passed away in 1990.
Despite this, the Osho Ashram in Pune continues to be a thriving center for spiritual seekers, attracting visitors from around the world who are interested in meditation and personal growth. The ashram offers a variety of programs, including meditation, therapy, and workshops, and continues to be one of the most popular spiritual destinations in India.
Best time to visit
The best time to visit the Osho Ashram in Pune, India depends on personal preferences and the type of experience you are seeking. Here are some things to consider when planning your trip:
- Weather: The weather in Pune is warm and humid for most of the year, with monsoon rains from June to September. The best time to visit from a weather perspective is during the winter months from November to February, when the temperature is mild and pleasant.
- Crowds: The Osho Ashram can get quite busy, especially during peak tourist season and during major events and festivals. If you prefer a quieter and more peaceful experience, it may be best to avoid visiting during these times.
- Programs and activities: The Osho Ashram offers a variety of programs and activities throughout the year, including meditation, therapy, and workshops. If you are interested in a specific type of program or activity, it is best to check their schedule in advance and plan your trip accordingly.
Overall, the best time to visit the Osho Ashram is a personal decision and will depend on your individual preferences and needs. Regardless of when you visit, the ashram provides a peaceful and supportive environment for spiritual growth and personal development.
Here are some interesting facts about the Osho Ashram:
- Origin: The Osho Ashram was founded in 1974 by the Indian spiritual teacher Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, who later became known as Osho. It was established as a place where people could come to meditate and seek spiritual enlightenment.
- Location: The Osho Ashram is located in Pune, India, a city known for its rich cultural heritage and spiritual significance. The ashram is situated on 17 acres of land and features a variety of buildings, gardens, and courtyards for meditation and other activities.
- Meditation: Meditation is a central part of the Osho Ashram experience, and the ashram offers a variety of meditation techniques, including dynamic meditation, Kundalini meditation, and the Osho Nadabrahma meditation.
- Controversy: The Osho Ashram generated controversy in the 1970s and 1980s due to its unconventional practices, such as the use of drugs and sexual therapies. These practices were seen as scandalous by some and as innovative by others.
- Legacy: Despite the controversy, the Osho Ashram continues to be a thriving center for spiritual seekers, attracting visitors from around the world who are interested in meditation and personal growth. The ashram offers a variety of programs and activities and is considered one of the most popular spiritual destinations in India.
- Osho’s teachings: Osho’s teachings emphasize individual freedom, self-exploration, and the rejection of traditional religious and societal norms. He encouraged his followers to question their own beliefs and to find their own unique path to spiritual enlightenment.
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Osho Ashram:
What is the Osho Ashram?
The Osho Ashram is a spiritual commune and resort located in Pune, India. It was founded in 1974 by the Indian spiritual teacher Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, who later became known as Osho. The ashram is a place where people can come to meditate, seek spiritual enlightenment, and engage in a variety of programs and activities.
Who was Osho?
Osho was the Indian spiritual teacher and philosopher Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh. He was born in 1931 in Kuchwada, India, and became a popular spiritual teacher and speaker in the 1970s and 1980s. His teachings emphasized individual freedom, self-exploration, and the rejection of traditional religious and societal norms.
What kind of programs and activities are offered at the Osho Ashram?
The Osho Ashram offers a variety of programs and activities, including meditation, therapy, and workshops. The ashram also features a variety of facilities, such as gardens, courtyards, and meditation rooms, that are designed to support spiritual growth and personal development.
Is the Osho Ashram only for followers of Osho?
The Osho Ashram is open to people of all backgrounds and beliefs. While Osho’s teachings form the foundation of the ashram’s philosophy, the ashram is a place for people from all walks of life to come and explore their own spirituality and personal growth.
Is it necessary to be a vegetarian to visit the Osho Ashram?
While Osho encouraged a vegetarian lifestyle, it is not a requirement for visiting the Osho Ashram. The ashram offers a variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food options for visitors.
Is it possible to stay at the Osho Ashram for an extended period of time?
Yes, it is possible to stay at the Osho Ashram for an extended period of time. The ashram offers a variety of accommodation options, including private rooms, dormitory-style rooms, and camping facilities. Visitors can stay for as long as they like, subject to availability and the ashram’s policies.