Faridabad is a city in the Indian state of Haryana, located just south of the national capital, Delhi. It is a part of the National Capital Region (NCR) and is one of the largest industrial hubs in the region. The city has a rich history and culture, with several tourist attractions such as Surajkund Lake, Badkhal Lake, Raja Nahar Singh Palace, and Dhauj Lake. Faridabad is known for its industries, especially manufacturing, and is home to many large companies such as Escorts Limited, Bata India, and Indian Oil Corporation. The city also has a well-developed transport system, with a metro line connecting it to Delhi, and several local transport options such as buses and auto-rickshaws. Faridabad is a thriving city with a mix of urban and rural areas, and a vibrant food and cultural scene. Here are some places you can visit in Faridabad
Surajkund is an ancient reservoir located in Faridabad. This place is famous for its annual Surajkund Crafts Mela, where artisans from all over India come to showcase their traditional crafts. Apart from the mela, Surajkund also has a beautiful garden, boating facility, and a small temple.
Badkhal Lake: Places to Visit in Faridabad
Badkhal Lake is a picturesque lake located at the foothills of the Aravalli range. This lake was once a popular tourist destination but has now dried up due to excessive mining in the area. However, the area still attracts tourists for its scenic beauty and for bird watching.
Raja Nahar Singh Palace:
Raja Nahar Singh Palace is a magnificent palace located in Ballabhgarh, Faridabad. The palace was built in the 18th century and was the residence of Raja Nahar Singh. The palace has now been converted into a museum and showcases the rich history of the region.
Baba Farid’s Tomb:
Baba Farid’s Tomb is a famous shrine located in Faridabad. The shrine is dedicated to the Sufi saint Baba Farid and is visited by thousands of devotees every year. The shrine is also known for its beautiful architecture and is a must-visit for history and architecture enthusiasts.
The Iskcon Temple:
The Iskcon Temple in Faridabad is a beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Krishna. The temple is built in a traditional Indian architectural style and is a popular destination for spiritual seekers. The temple also has a small restaurant where visitors can enjoy vegetarian food.
Shirdi Sai Baba Temple:
The Shirdi Sai Baba Temple is another popular temple in Faridabad. The temple is dedicated to the revered saint Sai Baba and is visited by devotees from all over the country. The temple has a peaceful and serene atmosphere and is a great place to spend a few hours in contemplation.
Nahar Singh Cricket Stadium:
The Nahar Singh Cricket Stadium is a state-of-the-art cricket stadium located in Faridabad. The stadium is home to the Haryana cricket team and has hosted several domestic and international cricket matches. The stadium also has a seating capacity of over 25,000, making it a popular destination for cricket enthusiasts.
The Aravalli Golf Course:
The Aravalli Golf Course is a beautiful golf course located in Faridabad. The course is surrounded by the picturesque Aravalli range and offers a challenging game of golf. The course also has a clubhouse and a restaurant where visitors can relax and enjoy the stunning views.
Camp Wild Dhauj:
Camp Wild Dhauj is an adventure camp located in Faridabad. The camp offers a range of adventure activities such as rock climbing, rappelling, ziplining, and more. The camp is a great place to spend a weekend with family and friends and indulge in some adrenaline-pumping adventure.
Anangpur Dam is an ancient dam located in Faridabad. The dam was built in the 8th century and is believed to have been constructed during the reign of the Tomar dynasty. The dam is a popular destination for picnics and offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city.
How to reach
Faridabad is easily accessible by road, rail, and air.
By Road: Faridabad is well connected to Delhi and other nearby cities by a network of roads. National Highway 2 (NH 2) passes through the city, connecting it to major cities like Delhi, Agra, and Kolkata. Delhi Metro’s Violet Line also connects Faridabad with other parts of Delhi.
By Rail: Faridabad has its own railway station, which is well connected to other major cities in India like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai. Trains like Rajdhani, Shatabdi, and Duronto Express also stop at Faridabad Railway Station.
By Air: The nearest airport to Faridabad is the Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi, which is around 35 km away. From the airport, one can hire a taxi or take a metro to reach Faridabad.
Local Transport: Faridabad has a well-developed local transport system, which includes buses, auto-rickshaws, and taxis. Delhi Metro’s Violet Line also connects Faridabad with other parts of Delhi.
Where to Stay
Faridabad has a wide range of accommodation options to suit every budget and preference. Some of the popular places to stay in Faridabad are:
- Vivanta by Taj – Surajkund: This luxury hotel is located near Surajkund and offers a range of facilities and services like an outdoor pool, spa, and multiple dining options.
- Park Plaza Faridabad: This upscale hotel is located in the heart of the city and offers comfortable rooms, a rooftop pool, and a fitness center.
- Ginger Hotel: This budget hotel offers clean and comfortable rooms, a restaurant, and a conference room.
- Hotel Delite Grand: This mid-range hotel is located in Sector 39 and offers spacious rooms, a restaurant, and a banquet hall.
- Radisson Blu Faridabad: This hotel is located near the Badkhal Lake and offers comfortable rooms, a pool, a fitness center, and multiple dining options.
- Golden Galaxy Hotel & Resorts: This resort-style hotel is located near the Faridabad-Gurgaon Expressway and offers luxurious rooms, a spa, a restaurant, and a swimming pool.
- Hotel Ekant: This budget hotel is located near the Faridabad Railway Station and offers clean and comfortable rooms, a restaurant, and conference facilities.
- Hotel Saffron Kiran: This hotel is located near the NH2 Highway and offers spacious rooms, a restaurant, and a banquet hall.
There are many other hotels, guesthouses, and homestays available in Faridabad, depending on your budget and preferences.
Where to Eat
Faridabad is a food lover’s paradise, offering a wide range of cuisines to suit every taste bud. Some of the popular places to eat in Faridabad are:
- Suruchi Restaurant: This restaurant serves delicious vegetarian North Indian cuisine, including chaat, thalis, and sweets.
- Lazeez Affaire: This restaurant offers a variety of cuisines, including North Indian, Chinese, and Continental. Their biryanis are especially popular.
- Pind Balluchi: This restaurant offers a rustic Punjabi ambience and serves delicious North Indian cuisine, including kebabs, tandoori dishes, and biryanis.
- The Big Chill Cakery: This bakery is known for its delicious cakes, cupcakes, and desserts. They also serve a variety of snacks and beverages.
- L’Opera: This bakery offers a variety of French pastries, bread, and cakes. Their macarons and croissants are especially popular.
- Subway: This sandwich chain offers a variety of sandwiches, salads, and wraps, and is a popular choice for a quick bite.
- Dominos: This pizza chain is a popular choice for pizza lovers, offering a variety of toppings and crusts.
- Bikanervala: This vegetarian restaurant offers a range of North Indian and South Indian dishes, including chaat, thalis, and sweets.
There are many other restaurants, cafes, and street food stalls in Faridabad, offering a variety of cuisines and dishes.
Faridabad experiences a typical North Indian climate, with hot summers and cold winters. The weather can be classified into three main seasons:
- Summer (March to June): The summer season in Faridabad is hot and dry, with temperatures ranging from 30°C to 45°C. The weather can be quite uncomfortable during this time, and it is advisable to carry sunscreen and light cotton clothes.
- Monsoon (July to September): The monsoon season in Faridabad brings relief from the scorching heat. The city receives moderate to heavy rainfall during this time, and the temperature ranges from 28°C to 35°C.
- Winter (October to February): The winter season in Faridabad is pleasant, with temperatures ranging from 5°C to 20°C. The weather is dry and sunny, and it is advisable to carry warm clothes.
Overall, the best time to visit Faridabad is from October to March, when the weather is pleasant and suitable for sightseeing and outdoor activities.
Q: What are some popular tourist attractions in Faridabad?
A: Some popular tourist attractions in Faridabad include Surajkund, Badkhal Lake, Shirdi Sai Baba Temple, Raja Nahar Singh Palace, and Iskcon Faridabad.
Q: Is Faridabad safe for tourists?
A: Yes, Faridabad is generally safe for tourists. However, it is advisable to take basic safety precautions like avoiding isolated areas at night and being cautious of pickpockets and touts.
Q: What are the best markets in Faridabad for shopping?
A: Some of the best markets in Faridabad for shopping include the Old Faridabad Market, Sector 15 Market, and Crown Interiorz Mall.
Q: How can I reach Faridabad from Delhi?
A: Faridabad is located around 25 km from Delhi and can be reached by road or Delhi Metro’s Violet Line. There are also regular buses and taxis available from Delhi to Faridabad.
Q: What are some good places to eat in Faridabad?
A: Some popular places to eat in Faridabad include Suruchi Restaurant, Lazeez Affaire, Pind Balluchi, The Big Chill Cakery, L’Opera, Subway, Dominos, and Bikanervala.
What are some local transport options in Faridabad?
Faridabad has a well-developed local transport system, which includes buses, auto-rickshaws, and taxis. Delhi Metro’s Violet Line also connects Faridabad with other parts of Delhi.
What are some popular shopping areas in Faridabad?
Some popular shopping areas in Faridabad are Sector 15 Market, Crown Interiorz Mall, and the Faridabad NIT Market.
What are some popular festivals celebrated in Faridabad?
Some popular festivals celebrated in Faridabad are Diwali, Holi, and Dussehra. Surajkund International Crafts Mela, held in February, is also a popular festival celebrated in Faridabad.