Goa Baga Beach Tour
Baga is situated towards the northern zone in Goa, India. It is a town along the sea beach which is popular due to the Baga creek and the beach. The smallest state of India, Goa is located along the sea of Arabian Sea because of which the entire state enjoys the beach seaside beach. Goa Baga Beach is a famous destination for tourists from all over the world. The beach of Baga stretches from Sinquerim and continues to Calangute till Baga. During high tide, the beach takes a narrow shape. You can spot rows of fishing boats and shacks along the beach. The Baga creek leads its way to the Arabian Sea giving the beach its name. The Baga Creek Bridge connects the northern part such as Anjuna, Arpora and many other places. The parking zone in the beach is big enough to house more than 800 cars.
What to do
- The most popular activity in Goa is to enjoy the nightlife that mainly differs from the destination form other destinations in India. Night cafes offer various discos at affordable prices.
- Water sports at Baga beach is a famous activity. People enjoy parasailing, dolphin cruises, and banana rides. Paddle boating, surfboards, kayaking, and body, and knee boarding are also available.
- Enjoy the morning breeze which is cool to feel and the amazing sunset at the beach.
- The nightlife in the beach is something to witness. Famous nightclubs like Titto, Britto, and Mambos offer exciting moments and you can get lifetime experiences. These clubs provide awesome customer satisfaction by blasting music to rock the floor.
Where to eat
Baga beach has got all major and small restaurants with delicious recipes. As the beach welcomes tourists from all corners of the world, foods are also available typically. South Indian, North Indian, continental, Goanese, and Chinese dishes are found in abundant in restaurants like Cape Town Café, Flow and Relish, Dream catcher etc. Fresh sea foods are available on all restaurants.
Shopping zone on Goa Baga Beach
Baga Beach is a fantastic option for those who want to do shopping on local materials. You can do shopping as the beach is lined with many interesting shops like tattoo parlors and palmistry shops where you can try your hands at. The best shopping treat in the city is the Arpora Saturday Night FLesa market. Here you can experience food recipes from over the globe. You can spot live entertainment programs and buy your Knicks knacks at the Mackie’s night bazaar. And for your entertainment, there is the World Famous Magic shop where you can learn magic at just 2 minutes. So don’t miss it.
Baga beach offers the most wonderful sightseeing among all other views of Goa beaches. Casa de Retiros dedicated to St. Francis has got some amazing views of the creek and the sea. Other popular attractions situated nearby are Aguada and cahpura Forts, Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary, and a 250 years old church named as Our Lady of Piety which is a Portuguese church.
- Calangute Beach – 4.3 km
- Anjuna Beach – 10 km
- Aguda Fort – 10.9 km
- Saturday Night Market – 11.6 km
- Alex Church – 12.8 km
- Basilica of Bom Jesus – 22.9 km
- Dona Paula Viewpoint – 26.5 km
- Miramar Beach – 29.3 km
- Se Cathedral – 30.1 km
- Fort Aguada – 31.3 km
Where to stay
Staying in Goa Baga Beach is very smooth and a huge number of accommodations are available ranging from low-budget to high-budget hotels. You can get hotels are per your choice may be apartments, villas, guest houses, and cottages. You can get beach view resorts with options of spas, fitness clubs, mini bar, swimming pools, etc. the region of Calangute Baga road and Tito lane is full of such hotels and lodgings. Hotels like De Baga Deck, Coco Heritage Home, and Sugar Plum Hotels are nice options to choose from. There are also villas such as West wind Luxury Villa, Grace Villa, and Johanna Garden that offers a comfortable stay. These are only just to mention a few. Other fantastic hotels are there which you can book online prior to arrival.
How to reach
Goa Baga Beach is easily accessible from the major cities of India. Here are a few options to reach the beach:
- By Air: The nearest airport to Goa Baga Beach is Dabolim Airport, which is located about 45 km away. From the airport, you can take a taxi or a bus to reach the beach.
- By Train: The nearest railway station to Goa Baga Beach is Thivim Railway Station, which is located about 20 km away. From the station, you can take a taxi or a bus to reach the beach.
- By Bus: Goa Baga Beach is well connected by bus with other major cities in Goa. Regular bus services are available from Panaji, Margao, and other nearby cities.
- By Car: You can also rent a car or drive to Goa Baga Beach. The beach is easily accessible from Panaji, Margao, and other nearby cities.
History Of Baga
Baga is a popular beach located in North Goa, India. The history of Baga dates back to the 16th century when it was a small fishing village. The Portuguese colonized the area and established it as a hub for the export of spices and other commodities.
During the 17th and 18th centuries, Baga was a thriving center for trade and commerce. The beach was also popular among European visitors who came to Goa for its warm climate and beautiful beaches.
In the late 19th century, Baga became a popular tourist destination for the British, who were drawn to its scenic beauty and abundant natural resources. The beach continued to grow in popularity, and by the mid-20th century, it was a major tourist destination for visitors from around the world.
In recent years, Baga has become one of the most popular beaches in Goa, attracting a large number of tourists every year. The beach is now lined with hotels, restaurants, and other tourist facilities, and is considered one of the best places to relax and enjoy the sun and surf in India.