Himalayan Zoological Park Travel Guide
Himalayan Zoological Park Travel Guide – Tourist Attraction & Places
Himalayan Zoological Park, spread over more than 200 hectares at an altitude of 1780 meters above sea level, is a quaint attraction of Sikkim where many flora and wildlife are richly found. Wildlife lives here in natural habitats that attract nature-loving tourists. Many extinct and rare species are found in this zoo which is not easily seen now. The zoo has many facilities for tourists including cafes and other shopping shops where tourists can enjoy tea coffee.
Apart from this, you can shop for local items and souvenirs from the shops. The Himalayan Zoological Park also provides an amazing view of the Kanchenjunga Range, here the Himalayan Zoological Park Travel Guide has been provided which will be helpful in the travel of tourists.
Best time to visit Himalayan Zoological Park
The climate and climate are very favorable during summer and new flowers are brought to the trees, which gives greenery all around and the sunny wildlife also comes out, thus the time from March to June is considered to be good for visiting the Himalayan Zoological Park. . The park is open on all days except Thursdays in the week. Also ask people at the venue for more information.
Species found in Himalayan Zoological Park
Endangered species of Himalayan Black Bears, Snow Leopard, and Tibetan Wolf are found in the Himalayan Zoological Park. Apart from this, the zoo is home to common leopards, Himalayan palm civets, large Indian sets, goals, barking deer, sero, Himalayan Tahr, Yeats and porcupines, and birds such as Satyr Tragopan, Lady Amherst Partridge, Golden Fishers, Colleges, and Silver Fishers. . It is all free and can roam all over the park. Many exotic species are found in this park, in which red pandas were brought from countries such as Madrid and Belgium.
What to do near the Himalayan Zoological Park
- Enjoy a stroll among the panoramic views in the Himalayan Zoological Park surrounded by the beautiful plains of Kachanjanga.
- Enjoy a jungle safari by taking a car rental in the park.
- The park has many cafes to eat and enjoy some delicious dishes and drinks.
- There are also many shops in the park from where to shop for local popular items and souvenirs.
- Endangered creatures in the Himalayan Zoological Park
In the midst of nature, the Himalayan Zoological Park is also home to several endangered jives such as the red panda and snow leopard. It is present in very small numbers and has also been included in the endangered species of IUCN.
Red pandas live in solitude during the open season and are dependent on nature and instead live in the form of a large elusive cat leopard in the mountains of Central and South Asia. The number of red pandas and snow leopards is steadily decreasing and parks like Himalayan Zoological Park are trying to protect them by conserving them.
Himalayan Zoological Park Travel Tips
- Before going to the park, keep the necessary items with you.
- Must follow the prescribed rules of the park.
- If you are traveling during Covid-19, then keep masks, sanitizers, and other essentials with you. Apart from this, one must follow government rules with social distancing.
- Do not disturb and hurt animals in the park in any way.
How to reach
The Himalayan Zoological Park is located less than 10 km away from Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim and tourists can easily reach here by hiring taxis.
The Himalayan Zoological Park is an attractive place where tourists can spend a lot of entertainment time. Here, tourists can see the beautiful views of nature with many wildlife and flora. Hopefully, the Himalayan Zoological Park Travel Guide mentioned here will prove to be helpful for you.