Shivaji Park is a public park located in Mumbai, India. It is named after the Maratha warrior king Chhatrapati Shivaji and is one of the largest parks in Mumbai. The park is known for its sports facilities, including a cricket ground, as well as its rich history and cultural significance as a center of political and social activism.
Here are some facts about ThePark in Mumbai, India:
- Named after Maratha warrior king Chhatrapati Shivaji.
- One of the largest parks in Mumbai.
- Located in the Dadar neighborhood of Mumbai.
- Has sports facilities, including a cricket ground.
- Known for its rich history and cultural significance.
- Has been a center of political and social activism.
- Has been a training ground for many famous Indian cricketers.
- Hosts various cultural and social events.
- Has a statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji in the center of the park.
- A landmark in Mumbai and is considered a heritage site by the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai.
Shivaji Park in Mumbai, India is a popular spot for various activities. Here are some of the common activities that take place in the park:
- Cricket – The Park has a cricket ground and is known as a training ground for many famous Indian cricketers.
- Jogging and walking – The park is a popular place for jogging and walking, especially in the mornings and evenings.
- Political and social activism – The park has been a center of political and social activism and is a place for people to come together and express their views.
- Cultural events – Park hosts various cultural events such as plays, music concerts, and festivals.
- Yoga and exercise – Many people come to the park for yoga and exercise, taking advantage of the open spaces and fresh air.
- Children’s activities – The park has facilities for children’s activities, including a playground and open spaces for playing games.
- Photography – The park is a popular spot for photographers, offering beautiful landscapes and historic monuments.
Overall, The Park is a vibrant hub of activity and a popular destination for people of all ages and interests.
Things to do and see
- Visit the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji – The statue of the Maratha warrior king is located in the center of the park and is a popular landmark.
- Play cricket – Park has a cricket ground and is a popular place for playing cricket.
- Jog or walk – The park has wide paths and open spaces, making it a great place for jogging or walking.
- Attend a cultural event – Park hosts various cultural events such as plays, music concerts, and festivals.
- Exercise and yoga – The park has open spaces for yoga and exercise, making it a popular destination for fitness enthusiasts.
- Explore the park’s history – Park has a rich history and is a center of political and social activism, making it a great place to learn about the city’s cultural heritage.
- Take photos – The park offers beautiful landscapes and historic monuments, making it a popular spot for photographers.
- Visit the nearby Mahim Bay -Park is located near Mahim Bay, a popular destination for fishing, boating, and water sports.
Overall, The Park is a must-visit destination in Mumbai, offering a mix of cultural, historical, and recreational activities.
How to reach
Located in the Dadar neighborhood of Mumbai, India. Here are some of the ways to reach The Park:
- By local train – located near the Dadar railway station, which is well connected to other parts of Mumbai by local trains.
- By bus – accessible by Mumbai’s extensive network of buses, with several bus stops located near the park.
- By taxi or ride-hailing services – Taxis and ride-hailing services such as Uber and Ola are readily available in Mumbai and provide a convenient way to reach Shivaji Park.
- By private car – Also be reached by private car, although traffic in Mumbai can be congested, so allow plenty of time for travel.
Overall, connected to other parts of Mumbai and can be easily reached by public transportation or private vehicles.
Timing and fees
Shivaji Park in Mumbai, India is a public park and is open to visitors throughout the day, every day of the week. There are no specific timing restrictions for visiting the park.
As a public park, there is no fee to enter Shivaji Park. Visitors can enter the park and enjoy its open spaces, monuments, and other facilities free of charge. Some events or activities may require a fee, but this will depend on the specific event or activity and should be confirmed in advance.
Overall, Shivaji Park is a free and accessible destination for visitors looking to enjoy the outdoors, explore the city’s cultural heritage, or participate in various activities and events.
Shivaji Park is located in the Dadar neighborhood of Mumbai, India and there are several nearby attractions to visit while in the area. Here are some of the popular nearby attractions:
- Mahim Bay – A popular destination for fishing, boating, and water sports, located near Shivaji Park.
- Siddhi Vinayak Temple – A Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Ganesha, located a short distance from Shivaji Park.
- Chaitya Bhoomi – A memorial dedicated to Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, the architect of the Indian Constitution, located near Shivaji Park.
- Prabhadevi Beach – A quiet and serene beach located near Shivaji Park, offering panoramic views of the Arabian Sea.
- Dadar Market – A bustling market in the heart of Dadar, offering a wide range of goods, including textiles, fruits, and spices.
- NCPA (National Centre for the Performing Arts) – A world-renowned performing arts center, located near Shivaji Park.
- Girgaum Chowpatty – A popular public beach in Mumbai, located a short distance from Shivaji Park.
Overall, Shivaji Park is located in a bustling area of Mumbai with many nearby attractions to visit, making it an ideal destination for those looking to explore the city.