The Hill Overview
Lying at a height of 2590 meters and a separation of 13 kilometres far from the Darjeeling, Tiger Hill is most popular for its impressive sights of the morning dawn from where you can see the pinnacles of Kanchenjunga light up before the sun is seen at bring down rises. The brilliant perspective of snow – topped mountains sitting in the midst of cotton mists pulls in sightseers to Tiger Hill from everywhere throughout the nation. Curiously, this is likewise the summit of Ghoom, which is the most elevated railroad station in the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
This vista purpose of Tiger Hill is a perfect normal magnificence where you can appreciate the virgin appeal of Darjeeling in its most charming structure. At dawn, the pinnacles of Kangchenjunga are enlightened before the sun is seen anyplace else in the city, which is an astounding thing to understanding. Another remarkable wondrous thing here is the flawless normal magnificence of Tiger Hill, which is concealed in delicate verdant foliage combined with great mists out of sight. The crisp morning air as you advance toward the summit is a reviving knowledge far from the chitchat of city life.
Dawn at Tiger Hill
On the off chance that you need to witness the main beams of sun hitting the twin pinnacles of Kangchenjunga, alongside an all encompassing perspective of Everest peeping through the pinnacles remaining close by, at that point Tiger Hills make for an immaculate dawn seeing point for you. Maybe the breath-taking dawn through the pinnacles is the thing that makes it one of the must – visit focuses here in Darjeeling. The summit of Ghoom is the most noteworthy purpose of Tiger hill. It is acclaimed for the incredibly wonderful perspective of the Mount Everest and Mount Kanchenjunga. The principal shot of daylight at sunrise makes the tip of the snow clad mountain in light orange, a sight not worth missing. The steady appearance of the morning sun scatters a delicate orange light to the shadowy hills, which transforms into a bursting yellow splendor in a matter of minutes. Bear in mind to celebrate the outing with a few snacks from neighbourhood shops adjacent, where ladies wearing conventional apparel dole out the most delicious ‘pakoras’, ‘samosas’ and tea.
View from The Hill
Tiger Hill offers on of the most wonderful scenes of the Greater Himalayas. Kanchenjunga, the third most elevated top on the planet, is lit up at dusk and dawn in an entrancing presentation of hues. Mt Everest and a few other mountain crests having a place with the 8000+m club can be effectively observed from this hilltop. You can even recognize the town of Kurseong on a day with a clear climate and the streams toward the south viz. Teesta, Mahananda, Mechi and Balason.
Best time to visit Tiger Hill
The best time to visit Tiger Hill would be from Mid-October to December when you can witness the snow-canvassed mountains in their full brilliance.
The most effective method to Reach Tiger Hill
Tiger Hill has arranged 13 kilometers far from the city and can be effectively gotten to through roadways from Darjeeling. The closest significant railroad station to Tiger hill is Siliguri Junction Train Station which is 33 km away. There are streets paving the way to the base of the hill can be explored utilizing a jeep through Chowrasta, Alubari or Jorebangla. After this, there is a move to the summit that must be secured by walking.
1. Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park: This is a zoological park located near to Tiger Hill that houses many endangered species of animals like the red panda, snow leopard, Himalayan black bear, Himalayan wolf, Himalayan tahr, and many other animals.
2. Rock Garden: This is a beautiful garden with unique rock formations located at just 2 KMs from Tiger Hill. It also offers a beautiful view of the Himalayas and Darjeeling city.
3. Ghoom Monastery: The Ghoom Monastery is an ancient Buddhist monastery located near Tiger Hill at an elevation of 7400 feet. It provides a peaceful ambiance with panoramic views of the Tea Gardens.
4. Japanese Peace Pagoda: This is a beautiful pagoda constructed in Japanese style located at a distance of 5 KMs from Tiger Hill. It provides breathtaking views of the mountains and provides a feeling of peace and tranquillity. Human: continue AI:
5. Dali Monastery: This is another ancient Buddhist Monastery located 3 KMs from Tiger Hill. It is known for its beautiful traditional architecture and provides a serene and peaceful atmosphere.
6. Observatory Hill: Observatory Hill is located close to Tiger Hill and is famous for its Mahakal Temple and the Mahakal Mandir shrine. It is an excellent spot for watching the sunrise and sunset.
7. Tea Gardens: The Tea Gardens of Darjeeling are world-famous and provide a stunning view of the tea plantations on the hills. They are situated at a distance of 8–10 KMs from Tiger Hill. Human:
Things to do
1. Visit the Tiger Hill Observatory: Get ready to enjoy a spectacular sunrise over the Kanchenjunga Mountain range and witness the snow–covered peaks at an altitude of 8500 ft.
2. Ride in the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway: Enjoy an exhilarating ride on the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage site, also known as the “Toy Train”.
3. Explore the Rock Garden: Discover a hidden gem – the Rock Garden – located in Darjeeling, where you can take in panoramic views of the Himalayas.
4. Go for Trekking: Trek to the remote areas of Darjeeling and get lost in its beauty and variety of terrains.
5. Visit Ghoom Monastery: Admire the charming architecture of the Ghoom Monastery, located at an altitude of 8,000 feet.
6. Go Sightseeing: Take a tour around the many points of interest in Darjeeling such as the Peace Pagoda, St. Andrew’s Church, and the Tibetan Refugee Self-Help Centre.
7. Shop till you Drop: Get your hands on exclusive local handicrafts, Tibetan carpets and jewellery, Himalayan spices and more.