Kumarakom Beach is a popular tourist destination located in the southern state of Kerala, India. It is situated on the banks of the Vembanad Lake, which is the largest lake in Kerala and one of the largest in India. The beach is known for its serene and picturesque surroundings and attracts visitors from all over the world.
One of the main attractions of Kumarakom Beach is its backwaters, which are a network of interconnected canals, lagoons, and lakes that extend along the coast. Visitors can take a leisurely boat ride through the backwaters, enjoying the natural beauty and observing the local way of life.
In addition to the backwaters, Kumarakom Beach also offers a range of activities for visitors. These include swimming, sunbathing, fishing, and water sports like kayaking and canoeing. There are also several resorts and hotels in the area that offer comfortable accommodations and a variety of amenities.
The best time to visit Kumarakom Beach is from September to March, when the weather is cool and dry. During this time, visitors can enjoy a pleasant and comfortable stay at the beach, and can participate in various activities and events organized by the local tourism authorities.
Touring Season: November to March.
Kumarakom, a small city in Kerala lies around the shores of the enchanting Vembanad lk, 14 km from Kottayam. The city of Kumarakom Kerala is a cluster of small islands around Vembanad Lake and is an aspect of your Kuttanad location. Kerala Kumarakom seaside could be the ornithologist’s paradise.
Laze inside the attractiveness of nature amidst the supernatural environment of mangrove forests, coconut canopies, and Pulsating paddy fields. The enchanting waterways and canals bedecked with white lilies invite everyone looking forward to a lazy and laid-back again holiday at Kumarakom beach Kerala. An enchanting backwater vacation spot, Kumarakom delivers website visitors numerous other leisure alternatives. Boating and fishing facilities are available.
Accessibility Kumarakom Beach
Airlines: Cochin International Airport, about 76 km from Kottayam town. From your Trivandrum International Airport, it is really a 171 Km (roughly three hrs trips by street) to the Muhamma boat jetty.
Rail Traces: Closest railway station: is Kottayam, about sixteen km. Kottayam is connected to Kumarakom by bus and other vehicles.
Bus Strains: Kumarakom is effective -linked to all components of Kerala by well-defined roads. Bus providers are offered to achieve Kumarakom from any part of Kerala. The closest bus terminal, is at Kottayam, 14 Km away.
Aqua Lines: If you may have shown up at Trivandrum International International airport, come to Quilon by street or rail (takes just about a single hour)!!! From there, it is possible to carry the normal ferry service to Alleppey – a lengthy and delightful trip on Kerala’s backwaters. From Alleppey, it’s just a short trip to Kumarakom.
If you have arrived at the Cochin International Airport terminal, maybe you may possibly favor a trip by way of the backwaters to Alleppey. There are numerous boat solutions supplied at Cochin.
Charming Spots at Kumarakom
Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary Vembanad LK
Positioned at Kumarakom 16 km from Kottayam town, the Vembanad Lake, an appealing picnic area plus a quickly increasing backwater tourism location, provides boating, angling, and sightseeing experiences that are genuinely enlivening.
Kumarakom Chicken Sanctuary
Located on the banks of your Vembanad LK, the fowl sanctuary is spread at a region of 14 acres. The Kumarakom Chicken Sanctuary, an ornithologist’s paradise is really a favorite habitat of migratory birds like the Siberian stork, egret, darter, heron, and teal.
Situated 18 km from Kottayam town, is this charming picnic spot wherever streams murmurs and waters roar as they cascade down the mountains from a height of 100 ft. Vacationers may also appreciate the shade in the rubber plantations at this location.
Oceanic activities refer to recreational or sports activities that take place in or on the ocean. Some popular oceanic activities include:
- Snorkeling: This activity involves swimming on the surface of the water while wearing a diving mask and a snorkel tube to breathe through. Snorkeling is a great way to explore the ocean and observe marine life up close.
- Scuba Diving: Scuba diving involves using a self-contained underwater breathing apparatus to dive deeper into the ocean. Scuba diving allows divers to explore the ocean and observe marine life in greater detail.
- Surfing: Surfing involves riding on the waves of the ocean while standing on a surfboard. It is a popular water sport that requires skill and balance.
- Jet Skiing: Jet skiing involves riding on a personal watercraft that is powered by a motor. It is a popular activity for those who enjoy speed and adrenaline.
- Kayaking: Kayaking involves paddling a small boat, typically made of plastic or fiberglass, on the ocean. It is a great way to explore the ocean and observe marine life up close.
- Sailing: Sailing involves navigating a boat on the ocean using wind power. It is a popular recreational activity that requires skill and knowledge of sailing.
- Parasailing: Parasailing involves being towed behind a boat while being lifted into the air by a parachute. It is a popular activity for those who enjoy a bird’s-eye view of the ocean.
These are just a few examples of the many oceanic activities available for people to enjoy. When participating in oceanic activities, it is important to follow safety guidelines and regulations to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
Things to do
There are many things to do depending on your interests and location. Here are some ideas:
- Explore Nature: If you love nature, there are many things to do. You can go hiking, bird watching, or simply take a walk in a nearby park or nature reserve. You can also go camping or take a guided tour to explore the natural beauty of the area.
- Visit Museums: Museums offer a great way to learn about history, art, science, and many other subjects. Many cities have several museums, and some are even free to the public. You can take your time and explore at your own pace, or you can join a guided tour for a more in-depth experience.
- Try Local Cuisine: One of the best things about traveling is trying new foods. Many destinations offer a variety of local cuisine, and there are often food tours or cooking classes available to help you learn more about the local dishes.
- Attend Cultural Events: Many destinations host cultural events such as music festivals, art fairs, and religious celebrations. Attending these events can give you a unique insight into the local culture and way of life.
- Participate in Adventure Activities: If you’re an adrenaline junkie, you might enjoy participating in adventure activities such as bungee jumping, white-water rafting, or zip-lining. Many destinations offer these types of activities, and there are often experienced guides available to help you stay safe.
- Relax and Rejuvenate: Traveling can be exhausting, so it’s important to take some time to relax and rejuvenate. You can visit a spa or take a yoga class, or simply spend some time reading or meditating.
- Shop for Souvenirs: Shopping for souvenirs can be a fun way to remember your trip. You can visit local markets and shops to find unique items, or you can purchase items from local artisans.
These are just a few examples of the many things to do when traveling. The most important thing is to have an open mind and be willing to try new things. You never know what you might discover!
Lodging at Kumarakom
Kumarakom is a popular tourist destination in the southern Indian state of Kerala, and as such, there are many lodging options available to visitors. Here are some of the most popular types of lodging in Kumarakom:
- Resorts: There are many luxury resorts in Kumarakom that offer comfortable accommodations, fine dining, and a range of amenities such as spas, swimming pools, and fitness centers. Some of the most popular resorts in Kumarakom include the Kumarakom Lake Resort, the Zuri Kumarakom, and the Coconut Lagoon.
- Homestays: Homestays are a popular option for visitors who want to experience local culture and hospitality. Many families in Kumarakom offer rooms in their homes to visitors, providing a unique and personalized experience. Homestays often include home-cooked meals and the opportunity to interact with local people.
- Houseboats: Kumarakom is famous for its backwaters, and houseboats offer a unique way to experience this natural wonder. These floating accommodations are equipped with bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchens, and visitors can enjoy a leisurely cruise along the canals and lagoons of the backwaters.
- Guesthouses: Guesthouses are a budget-friendly option for visitors to Kumarakom. These accommodations are typically smaller than hotels, but offer comfortable rooms and basic amenities. Some popular guesthouses in Kumarakom include the Illikkalam Lake Resort, the Paradise Resorts, and the Backwater Retreat.
- Hotels: There are many hotels in Kumarakom that offer a range of accommodations and amenities. Visitors can choose from budget-friendly options to luxury hotels with high-end amenities. Some of the most popular hotels in Kumarakom include the Taj Kumarakom Resort and Spa, the Abad Whispering Palms, and the Aveda Kumarakom.
No matter which type of lodging you choose, you’re sure to find comfortable and welcoming accommodations in Kumarakom.