Lajpat Market –a Shopping Paradise in Delhi
Lajpat Market also known as Central Market is a one-stop shopper’s paradise where you will find everything ranging from low to high prices. The place Lajpat Nagar serves as a commercial and residential place as well. It is named in honor of the famous lion of Punjab, Lala Lajpat Rai. You can get all kinds of materials within your budget here. Things we use in our daily life, at our home, kitchen, bathroom, indoor and outdoor, all is available at this place. The region of Lajpat Nagar has been developed during the year 1950s. At that time when in the year 1947 partition of Bangladesh and Pakistan was done and people mostly Hindus and Sikhs were moving east from Pakistan, thus settling in Lajpat Nagar of Delhi.
Reaching Lajpat Market
To reach there you have to get down at Lajpat Nagar Metro Station which lies on the violet line of Delhi Metro station. After exiting from the metro, the market can be reached within a few minutes as it lies nearby. Government, as well as private buses, are connecting Lajpat Nagar with the major cities around Delhi. State cooperation buses run through Route No. 543 which connects Lajpat Nagar with various parts of Delhi.
Shopping Details on Lajpat Market
- The market is spread over a huge area and you could surely find your favorite products. Based on wide research it is mentioned that if you are searching for traditional clothing, then Istri vastra, Libas, Nargis, and The Prakash Collection are some of the selected markets to shop for dressing materials. All other roadside shops sell fabulous dresses at very reasonable rates ranging between 300 to 500 INR. Long dresses, ladies’ shirts, and innovative tops, formal and informal dresses all are available at this place. The garment stores are loaded with ethnic wear which are just perfect for any or other wedding shopping.
- There are separate shops for dupattas with all types of fabric matching your needs. Chiffon, cotton, net, and embroidery-stitched dupattas is seen in abundance with varieties of shades. These shops are just amazing for ladies where they can get their suitable product to take home. A wide range of kurtis are found the price is of which is not more than 500 INR. The fabrics used are of good quality and the materials have been designed in a way that goes beyond one’s imagination. Stitched and semi-stitched salwars are available in huge amounts.
- As you enter the field of roadside shops, you would be amazed to see varieties of creative materials such as dancing dolls, kids would love it and girls too would like to buy it. Such beautiful hand-made dolls are hardly seen anywhere else. There you can find wonderful decorative wall chimes, gorgeous and innovative in design. Fantastic astonishing jewelry boxes are available and ladies are bound to stop by. You could definitely want to have such one box in your basket.
- Now get through the roadside stalls of kitchen utensils. You would see cups and dishes in a wide range of shining colors. These are other things that you must include in your kitchen wardrobe. Wall decorations are of huge demand, the designs of which are just mind-blowing. The home décor shops sell extraordinary materials that would your rooms look great. The vintage-looking mirror frames are just lovely to create an old charm. Moreover, mobile phone covers pillows, and sunglasses are all you can get here at this one-stop Lajpat Market.
- Whatever you see around are all unique innovative materials so buying one or a few would update you with modern creations. Bags, handbags, wallets, school bags, and kids’ bags are all you can get at roadside stalls at throw-away prices. Laces, Latkans, and all sorts of materials used for ethnic wear are sold on the shops that would make your mind a creative one and you would start wondering of how to design your dresses. Readymade designer blouse shops are there where you can buy a matching blouse for your saris and lehengas.
- Out there you will come across jewelry and footwear in abundance along the roadside and are much better than the located shops. Wonderful and extraordinary jewelries with modern looks as well as vintage looks are sold in these shops. Beautiful bangles, array of necklaces, chokers, false stylish hair, are found and you can find everything that comes to your mind. Fashionable and stylish foot wares are up for sale in the market. Stall no 12, 13 and 14 are hotspot for jutas, kolapuris and other Indian flats for man, women and children. Shops like Kims, Stalatoes and Stush are big deals with wide range of designer wedding shoes, sports shoes, and casual shoes for daily use. One amazing thing for these shoe shops is they sell hand bags, purse for ladies and gents to match it with shoes.
- When it comes to food then it is the best place for the foodies as they can have such tasty recipes that will make you come again. The Chinese Wah Restaurant for Indo-Chinese is a place where you can have continental and cub continental dishes. The non-vegan restaurant Gopal Sindhi is just superb if you want Mutton or chicken recipes. And one special menu of Delhi is Chole Bhature, the specialist of which is Aggarwal Sweet Corner. Lip-smacking panipuris are on huge demand in the market.
The Lajpat Market is a place where everything is of great interest and you would be happy after shopping here. Things found are not so costly and it is quite satisfactory. Whatever comes to your mind regarding marketing everything is found in the market. There are a number of shops available on the roadside and you can buy anything at pocket-friendly prices. Unlike other shops that almost agree at bargaining prices, vendors of Lajpat Market do not agree easily at your price. Most of the shops in the market sell products at a fixed price, but the rates are not too high.
Things to do
If you’re visiting Lajpat Nagar, here are some things you can do to make the most of your trip:
- Shop: This is one of the most popular activities in the market, and for good reason. You’ll find a wide variety of shops selling clothing, accessories, electronics, and other goods, with something to suit every taste and budget.
- Explore the street food: Lajpat Nagar is famous for its street food vendors, who serve up delicious and authentic Indian cuisine. Try some of the local specialties, like chaat, samosas, and kulfi, to get a true taste of the area.
- Visit the nearby temples: If you’re interested in history and culture, you might want to visit some of the nearby temples, like the Lotus Temple and the Akshardham Temple.
- Enjoy the local street life: Lajpat Nagar is a bustling, vibrant area, and simply walking around the market and observing the local street life can be a fun and interesting experience.
- Visit nearby museums: If you’re interested in history and art, you might want to visit the nearby National Museum or the National Gallery of Modern Art.
Remember to negotiate with the vendors for the best prices, and be prepared for the crowds, as Lajpat Nagar can get quite busy.
Where to Eat
Lajpat Nagar is known for its street food, so there are plenty of options for eating on the go or grabbing a quick bite. Some popular street food options include chaat, samosas, and kulfi.
If you’re looking for a sit-down restaurant, there are also a number of options in the area, serving both Indian and international cuisine. Some popular restaurants in Lajpat Nagar include:
- Al Kausar: A popular eatery serving authentic Mughlai cuisine.
- Roshan Di Kulfi: A well-known dessert spot, serving delicious kulfi in a variety of flavors.
- Bikanervala: A chain of sweet shops offering a wide range of Indian sweets and snacks.
- Naivedyam: A vegetarian restaurant serving traditional South Indian dishes.
- The Yellow Chilli: A modern Indian restaurant serving innovative twists on classic dishes.
Remember to be cautious about street food, and make sure to only eat from vendors who maintain good hygiene practices.
The Lajpat Nagar market is usually open from around 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM, seven days a week. However, it’s always best to check with the individual shops and stalls for their specific hours of operation, as some may have different schedules. The market can get very crowded, especially on weekends and during holidays, so it’s best to plan your visit accordingly.
Corbett National Park is a forested wildlife sanctuary in northern India’s Uttarakhand State. Rich in flora and fauna, it’s known for its Bengal tigers.
Brys Caves is one of the most Luxuries Resort in the heart of jungle in Jim Corbett National Park. It is designed on the theme of caves and is the most preferable resort for adventurous / romantic getaway.
Kindly contact us for any query, details given below:-