Tajpur sea beach
Tajpur sea beach
Tajpur sea beach
Tajpur sea beach- the virgin beach of West Bengal
The serene water beach of Tajpur is located in the Purba Medinipur district of West Bengal. It stands just 16 km away from the popular sea beach Digha. It is a newly discovered location and lies near to the famous Mandarmoni and Shankarpur beach. It is away from the maddening crowd and very less number of people is said to visit there. The place would be definitely liked by those people who want to spend their time in some solitary place close to nature. The Tajpur sea beach is a place where you can stay away from the rushes of people and enjoy with family and friends.
Reaching Tajpur sea beach
There are different options available for you to reach the most relaxing beach in West Bengal.
By train: for people in and around West Bengal trains are available from Howrah to Digha, Digha being the nearest and only railway station to reach a number of sea beaches including Tajpur. There are 4 trains that leave from Howrah, the first train is at 6:35 a.m and the last train is at 2:15 p.m. it takes three to four hours to reach Digha depending upon the trains.
Buses run from different places of the state to Digha. Esplanade is most flexible about a bus journey. So people staying in Kolkata may leave from Esplanade to reach the place. The journey is 4 to 5 hours.
People flying from other states should get down at the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International airport in Kolkata and then ire a cab or reach there by bus, as per your convenience.
Where to stay
Staying options are many and you need to book the hotel a few days earlier to ensure reasonable rates. Although sea beaches are ideal for visiting all through the year, the monsoon is regarded as the most suitable time to visit for the awesome weather. June, July, August is the perfect time to go to Tajpur. During seasonal months the rates of the hotel is a bit high if you search for hotels the day you reach. Prior booking is necessary at this time. Some of the best hotels in Tajpur located near the beach are Swapnopuri hotels, hotel Mouchak, Lakeview resort, blue lagoon resort, Tajpur beach resort and Tajpur Nature camp.
Where to eat
Sea foods are the main attraction of a seas beach. Many fish stalls are there that showcases raw sea- fishes and the sellers fry it for you if you order for it. They can fry it in oil or roast it as per your wish. The most demanding fishes are crabs, prawns, and Hilsa in monsoon. Being a developing tourist destination, you can find a great number of restaurants and Dhabasare available to serve your appetite.
What to do – Tajpur sea beach
- The special feature of this beach is that the virgin shores of the beach looks like a red carpet due to the red crabs seems like playing hide and seek into the sand. Seagulls can be spotted here during sunrise.
- You can observe fisherman catching fish in the sea. You can also visit the lagoon which is just 1 km from away from the spot that serves pleasant surroundings.
- There are many artificial water bodies and small fragmented ponds for fish cultivation which looks so beautiful.
- Biking, adventure sports, rafting are some activities that you can enjoy here.
- The beach is also ideal for a picnic spot due to the beauty of the casuarinas trees around.
- A wide range of memento is sold at the local shops located near the beach. Tourists can collect such unique materials made from seashells. Beautiful showpieces and wooden crafts are also there that would serve as souvenirs for your loved ones.
Being a virgin beach characterized by remote village excludes the basic necessities of urban life. The casuarinas plantations and mangrove trees are the unique natural beauty that can be found at this coastline of Tajpur sea beach. People from near and far find a suitable monsoon retreat at this sea beach. Watching the waves of the sea on a full moon or a new moon day is a lifetime experience at this time the violent sea waves hits the shore with full energy.
Sharing is caring