Uran Beach Navy Mumbai
The Uran Beach in Navy Mumbai is also known as Pirwari beach and is an undiscovered and less explored beach. The beach is primarily used for agriculture and fishing. Most of the fish of Mumbai comes from this part of the peninsular region of Uran. The place is also the second-largest rice-producing area in the whole country. If you are on the way to Uran beach then you can spot paddy fields along the roadside. Uran is also known for ONGC which is located just opposite Uran beach. The beach and the industrial refinery of ONGC are divided by a narrow road. Due to this the area is prone to oil and gas pollution and sensitive and does not feel comfortable in the beach. There is the platform of the factory over the sea that releases emulsions and gas which is responsible to make the area but otherwise, the beach is a nice one to spend a peaceful day away from the city crowd.
Uran Lies between Karjat and Panvel in the district of Konkan. Being peninsular the beach is surrounded by water on all three sides. The side that is attached to the land is Raigarh district. Uran is at situated at a distance of 60 km from the city of Mumbai. From the beach could be accessed in one and a half hours. Public buses run to the beach frequently and alternatively, you can hire a cab or a taxi to reach the beach in a comfortable manner.
How to reach Uran Beach
The nearest airport is Chattrapati Shivaji international airport, the distance of which from the beach is 185 km. From there you can hire a taxi to the famous Gateway of India and then from the Bhau Cha point you can reach Uran by ferry ride. The closest station to the beach is Chatrapati Shivaji terminus which lies at a distance of 57 km. Uran is regarded as an island and regularly there is a ferry service from Bhau Cha Dhakka to the beach.
Where to stay
There are lots of places to stay in Uran. There are numerous budget hotels as well as luxurious resorts near Uran beach. The Uran Plaza is a popular resort along the beach with fabulous amenities along with pocket-friendly options. Krishna resort is another homestay where you can experience a beautiful atmosphere and you would feel yourself to be at home. Other nearby hotels in Navy Mumbai is a corporate hotel, Hotel Venkat Presidency, Hotel Puja heritage and Hotel Yogi.
There are many attractive shrines that are frequented by lots of devotees. Mankeshwar temple is located very near to the beach and takes just five minutes to walk from there. This temple of Lord Shiva provides peace and energy to visitors. Dronagiri temple is a nice place that gives a wonderful view of Dharamteer Bay. Another temple is Ambikawadi of Nagaon is Sri Sai Baba temple which is known for a walking journey or padayatra till the place Shirdi. The Raghoba temple is another beautiful temple that stands on Panvel Highway where special Aarti is done on Tuesday and the major festival of the temple is celebrated in the month of April every year making lots of mass gatherings. Sri Dutta Mandir and Ratneshwari temple is other major attractions in Uran which is well known for a great fair attracting lot of interested people.
Uran beach is a fantastic solitary beach where you can spend your weekend with your partner and family as well. There is a garden in the vicinity that is a nice place for the kids. You can see little horses grazing in the field. Local tourists from Panvel, Mumbai, and Navy Mumbai visit the beach frequently to spend their short weekends. If you stand at the seashore and stare at the opposite you can see a town at opposite the shore. The town is the city of Mumbai. At night it looks awesome but a very less number of people is seen staying till night in the beach. There is also a helipad where many helicopters are seen descending. Most of those are used by the navy armies.
There are several activities that one can enjoy at Uran Beach, Mumbai:
- Swimming: The clear waters of Uran Beach are perfect for swimming and other water-based activities.
- Water Sports: There are several water sports available at Uran Beach, including parasailing, water skiing, banana boat rides, and more.
- Beach Volleyball: The sand at Uran Beach is perfect for playing beach volleyball with friends and family.
- Fishing: Uran Beach is known for its rich fishing ground, and visitors can try their hand at fishing with the local fishermen.
- Sunset Watching: The sunsets at Uran Beach are breathtaking, and visitors can sit back and enjoy the view while sipping on coconut water.
- Local Market: The local market around Uran Beach is a great place to buy souvenirs and local handicrafts.
- Trekking: There are several trekking trails in the surrounding hills, offering stunning views of the Arabian Sea and the surrounding countryside.
- Bird Watching: Uran Beach is home to a diverse range of bird species, making it a great destination for bird watching.
Things to do
Here are some things to do when visiting Uran Beach, Mumbai:
The Naval Museum located near Uran Beach is dedicated to showcasing the rich history and heritage of the Indian Navy. The museum exhibits a wide range of naval artifacts and memorabilia, including uniforms, weapons, photographs, and more. Visitors can learn about the evolution of the Indian Navy, its operations, and its role in protecting the country’s maritime borders.
A boat ride is a great way to explore the nearby creeks and mangroves at Uran Beach. Visitors can take a scenic boat ride through the lush green mangroves and witness the abundant marine life, including various species of fish, birds, and other wildlife.
The Kanakeshwar Forest, located near Uran Beach, is a lush green forest that is a must-visit for nature lovers. The forest is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, and visitors can go on nature walks and enjoy the scenic beauty of the surrounding hills and coastline.
Jagruti Vihar Temple:
The Jagruti Vihar Temple is a popular pilgrimage destination located near Uran Beach. The temple is known for its serene and peaceful atmosphere, and visitors can offer prayers and seek blessings at the temple.
The Jivdani Temple is located in the hills near Uran Beach and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside and the Arabian Sea. The temple is a popular destination for those seeking spiritual enlightenment and is known for its peaceful and serene atmosphere.
Uran Beach is known for its delicious seafood, and visitors can try local specialties like fish curry and rice, pomfret fry, and more. The local seafood is fresh and cooked to perfection, making it a must-try for food lovers.
The Mahalaxmi Racecourse, located near Uran Beach, is a popular destination for horse racing enthusiasts. The racecourse hosts regular horse racing events and is known for its lush green surroundings and scenic views of the Arabian Sea.
Shree Swaminarayan Temple:
The Shree Swaminarayan Temple, located near Uran Beach, is a popular destination for those seeking spiritual enlightenment. The temple is known for its serene and peaceful atmosphere, and visitors can offer prayers and seek blessings at the temple.
Attraction around Uran Beach
There are several attractions around Uran Beach, Mumbai, India, including:
- Kanakeshwar Forest: A lush green forest located near Uran Beach, known for its diverse range of flora and fauna and scenic beauty.
- Jagruti Vihar Temple: A popular pilgrimage destination known for its serene and peaceful atmosphere.
- Jivdani Temple: A temple located in the hills near Uran Beach, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside and the Arabian Sea.
- Mahalaxmi Racecourse: A popular destination for horse racing enthusiasts, known for its lush green surroundings and scenic views of the Arabian Sea.
- Shree Swaminarayan Temple: A popular destination for those seeking spiritual enlightenment, known for its serene and peaceful atmosphere.
- Suru Creek: A scenic creek located near Uran Beach, known for its abundant marine life and lush green mangroves.
- Dharamtar Creek: A creek located near The Beach, known for its scenic beauty and rich marine life.
- Elephanta Caves: A UNESCO World Heritage Site located on Elephanta Island, known for its rock-cut cave temples that date back to the 6th century.
- Gateway of India: A popular tourist destination located in Mumbai, known for its historical significance and stunning views of the Arabian Sea.
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park: A large national park located in Mumbai, known for its diverse range of wildlife, scenic beauty, and adventure activities.
Here are some frequently asked questions
What is Uran Beach known for?
known for its scenic beauty and abundant marine life. It is a popular destination for boat rides and outdoor activities, and is also known for its local cuisine, particularly its delicious seafood.
Is This Beach safe for swimming?
The safety of swimming at Uran Beach can vary depending on the weather conditions and sea state. It is always recommended to follow safety guidelines and swim in designated areas that are monitored by lifeguards.
What are the best months to visit The Beach?
The best months to visit The Beach are from October to February, when the weather is pleasant and the sea is calmer. During this time, visitors can enjoy outdoor activities and take boat rides without being affected by the monsoon season.
Are there any nearby attractions?
There are several nearby attractions to visit from The Beach, including the Kanakeshwar Forest, the Jagruti Vihar Temple, the Jivdani Temple, the Mahalaxmi Racecourse, the Shree Swaminarayan Temple, and more.
What is the nearest railway station?
The nearest railway station to Uran Beach is the Uran Railway Station, which is located just a few kilometers away from the beach. The railway station is well connected to other parts of Mumbai and provides easy access to Uran Beach.
What are the best local foods to try at The Beach?
known for its delicious seafood, and visitors can try local specialties like fish curry and rice, pomfret fry, and more. Other popular local foods include Mumbai street food like pav bhaji, vada pav, and more.