Aksa Beach Mumbai
Aksa Beach- a perfect weekend spot in Mumbai
Located at a distance of 27 km from Mumbai, Aksa Beach offers a beautiful weekend destination for everyone. The waterfront houses Indian Navy Base –INS Hamla. The picturesque environment and gentle weather make it a suitable place for an unforgettable beach vacation. The strong undercurrents of the beach water make swimming and surfing unsafe for visitors. Peace lovers and nature enthusiasts find this place a suitable one for them. The beach being less crowded does not give space to pollute it with litter. Although there is little garbage scattered here and there not so much like any other popular beaches of Maharashtra.
Due to strong currents and sinking sand, the beach is not suitable for swimming or water sports. Warning alerts could be seen on the beach for making the visitors alert of such prohibition. Lifeguards have been installed for the safeguarding of the common people. As the tides keep on changing rapidly the area is prone to accidents. People often face troubles as they ignore such warnings. During the monsoon season, the waves of the sea become more turbulent. Still, the numbers of visitors never decrease due to its awesome view of the sunset and favorable weather.
The beach can be easily reached from the nearest railway station Malad. Borivali railway station also lies nearby from where Best Buses are accessible. Private transport facilities are available from both stations. Andheri West railway station is also situated nearby. If you are going through Andheri then head for Versova village. Then take a ferry ride from there to Madh Island. From Madh island buses no. 269 and 271 leave for Aksa Beach.
Where to stay
The beach is dotted with hotels and private cottages but most of them do not allow rent for a short time of the day. City dwellers are seen to frequent this beach due to its quiet nature. Nature lovers and peace seekers can enjoy this pristine environment and avail a quiet moment in the lap of the beach. Private cottages are scattered around the beach that offers nice homestays for couples. Among the few places to stay near the beach is The Resort which is 0.4 km away from the beach and Mahuwa Holiday Home at a distance of 1.9 km from the spot.
Nearby places of interests
- Sri Hiradevi temple– it is a temple of the local goddess and lots of devotees are attracted towards the beauty of the temple.
- Marve beach– Marve beach is basically used as a gateway over ferry rides to the nearest attractions such as Water kingdom and Essel World.
- Global Vipassana Pagoda– this pagoda can be easily reached from the beach by means of ferry transport. It is a place for mediation that runs according to the Buddhist religion.
This popular vacation spot of Aksa Beach is found at Malad in the village of Aksa. The beach is mostly seen full of couples due to its romantic environment. Once the beach was closed by the police forces due to some criminal activity but then again it is reopened. That is why the place is not so much overcrowded as most of people are not aware of its reopening. So now you know about it, you should definitely visit this peaceful beach with wonderful natural views all around. The place is clean as compared to Juhu and Dadar Chowpatty beach but not up to the mark. This place is highly recommended to people who want to spend some time far away from the noisy city life in a perfectly peaceful environment.
Things to do at Aksa Beach
- Sunbathing: Aksa Beach is a popular destination for sunbathing, with its long sandy beach and clear waters. Visitors can relax on the sand and soak up the sun while enjoying the scenery and fresh sea air.
- Swimming: The clear waters of Aksa Beach make it a popular spot for swimming, especially during the hot summer months. Visitors should exercise caution when swimming, as there are no lifeguards on duty.
- Water Sports: Aksa Beach is a popular destination for water sports such as jet skiing, water skiing, and windsurfing. Visitors can rent equipment from local vendors and enjoy the thrill of the waves.
- Street Food: Aksa Beach is known for its street food, with vendors selling a variety of local delicacies such as samosas, bhel puri, and pav bhaji. Visitors can sample delicious street food while enjoying the views of the Arabian Sea.
- Scenic Views: The beach is surrounded by hills and is accessible by road, making it a popular destination for day trips and picnics. Visitors can enjoy scenic views of the surrounding area and take in the beauty of the Arabian Sea.
Here is some essential information about Aksa Beach:
- Location: Aksa Beach is located in Mumbai, India.
- Accessibility: The beach is accessible by road and is located about 30 km from Mumbai city center.
- Best Time to Visit: The best time to visit Aksa Beach is from October to February, when the weather is pleasant and ideal for outdoor activities.
- Things to bring: Visitors should bring sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, and comfortable clothing. Swimmers should also bring a swimsuit and towel.
- Safety: There are no lifeguards on duty at Aksa Beach, so visitors should exercise caution when swimming and engaging in water sports.
- Facilities: There are restrooms and changing rooms available at the beach, as well as street food vendors and local shops selling souvenirs and beach gear.
Places to visit near Aksa Beach
Essel World is a popular amusement park located near Aksa Beach, known for its thrill rides and attractions. Visitors can enjoy a variety of rides, including roller coasters, water rides, and more. The park also has several restaurants and food stalls, making it a great destination for families and groups of friends.
Global Vipassana Pagoda:
The Global Vipassana Pagoda is a massive dome-shaped structure located near Aksa Beach, designed to promote the teachings of Buddha and the practice of Vipassana meditation. Visitors can learn about the history and tradition of Vipassana meditation, as well as experience a peaceful and serene environment surrounded by beautiful gardens.
Madh Fort is a historic fort located near Aksa Beach, built by the Portuguese in the 16th century. The fort offers stunning views of the Arabian Sea and is a popular destination for picnics, photo shoots, and exploring the rich history of the area. Visitors can also enjoy the nearby Madh Island beach, which is known for its clear waters and scenic beauty.
The Kanheri Caves are a series of ancient Buddhist rock-cut caves located near Aksa Beach, believed to have been carved out between the 1st and 10th centuries. The caves are a popular destination for history and culture buffs, offering a glimpse into the rich heritage and traditions of Buddhism in India.
Marve Beach is a beautiful and secluded beach located near Aksa Beach, known for its clear waters and scenic beauty. Visitors can enjoy a peaceful and quiet atmosphere, with plenty of opportunities for sunbathing, swimming, and exploring the surrounding hills and forests.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Aksa Beach:
Is Aksa Beach safe for swimming?
While the waters at Aksa Beach are generally safe for swimming, visitors should exercise caution, as there are no lifeguards on duty. It is recommended to swim in areas that are designated for swimming and to avoid swimming near rocks or other dangerous areas.
Is there any place to rent water sports equipment at Aksa Beach?
Yes, there are local vendors at Aksa Beach who rent out water sports equipment such as jet skis and water skis. Visitors can rent equipment for a fee and enjoy the thrill of the waves.
Are there any restrooms or changing rooms available at Aksa Beach?
Yes, there are restrooms and changing rooms available at Aksa Beach for visitors to use.
Is Aksa Beach accessible by public transportation?
Yes, Aksa Beach is accessible by public transportation, with local buses and taxis available from Mumbai city center. Visitors can also opt to drive or hire a private car for a more convenient and flexible experience.
Is there any place to buy food and drinks at Aksa Beach?
Yes, there are street food vendors and local shops selling snacks, drinks, and other refreshments at Aksa Beach. Visitors can enjoy a variety of local delicacies while soaking up the sun and taking in scenic views.